X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 07 May 2005 - 10:52 PM

Ok well basically this is what happened:

I bought a hitachi (80gb lockable) hardrive,

I backed up my hardrive (stock hardrive), and I switched over to the hitachi and put Config magic on and updated the eeprom and I locked the hardrive.

I turn my xbox off, boot it back up...DUMDUMDUM...Error code 06 (Cannot unlock HDD) and of course now I can't access my X3CL (by the way it dosnt boot with the hitachi or the stock hardrive) so now I just have no idea what to do. Can anybody help?

Thanks.

#2 rwarrin

rwarrin

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 12:08 AM

Ok this happened to me and this is how I recovered it. I used another HD from my computer and stuck it in the xbox. I then used slayers boot disc and set up the drive as a new xbox drive. Then I put the original eeprom data file back into configmagic data directory. Ran configmagic put the old eeprom back on and DON'T lock it. Now if it was like mine it still had the old eeprom pw for the HD. I then shut it down and put in the HD that you can not unlock and started the xbox. I know could unlock that HD. When I was done unlocking the drive I then again put the new eeprom back into the configmagic data directory and updated the eeprom again but this time I did not follow the instrucions that told me to lock the drive, I left it unlocked and reboot with the chip on the verify that it could access the drive and it did. I now put the new bigger drive back in the box " I had left this drive unlocked when I took it out" and now I had both drives unlocked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users