grifter66

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:14 PM

Ok here is the procedure for doing this
First open up the Data Files folder in your Morrowind Game.
You can either do this from your computer or on your X-Box. But either way you will need to open up the Data Files folder in the Morrowind Game..Once that's done you can proceed to the step 1
Music
Splash
Video
Morrowind.bsa
Morrowind.esm
Morrowind.esm.map

BookArt
Icons
Meshes
Sound
Textures

So now when you go into the Data Files folder in the Morrowind Directory you should have one big list that looks like this:
BookArt
fonts
Icons
Meshes
Music
Sound
Splash
Textures
Video
Morrowind.bsa
Morrowind.esm
Morrowind.esm.map

Once all that is done you can proceed to step 2.

But either way you will need to create the folders to place all the loose files into in order to sort them out (this is not neccessary, but it's a lot more organized and easier to keep track of everything).

So the next question is how do I know what's what?
That's a lot easier than it looks.
Follow this and you really can't go wrong.
Every mod I encountered is set up so that
all the .nif and or .tga files go into the Meshes Folder
all the .bmp and or .dds files go into the Textures Folder
all the .tga files go into the Icons folder
and the .esp file goes into the main directory (The place that has these in it):
Morrowind.bsa
Morrowind.esm
Morrowind.esm.map

Yes the TGA amd nif files can go into the same folder samething with the .bmp and .dds files. That's why you have to follow what's in the readme. The readme should tell you where to place the stuff and if it doesn't the person who did that ought to be shot.

Now on occasion you will need to create a lettered folder and place that into the proper folder. So using the Adventures tool kit as an example:

The icons folder has 2 folders within it:
Folder 1 is labeled c with 1 .tga file in it.
Folder 2 is labeled m with 1 .tga file in it

The Meshes folder has 1 folder within it:
Folder 1 is labeled c and has 1 nif file in it

The Textures folder has only 8 .tga files in it

Note: I don't think that case sensitve things matter in this but keep it the same way just to be on the safe side. For example if it's a small c then don't change it to a capital C)

So for example you wanted to use the Adventures tool kit mod which consits of:
Icons
Meshes
Textures
.esp file
You would wind up with this:

BookArt
fonts
Icons <----The folders Labled c and m with the .tga files get placed in this folder
Meshes <----The folder labeled c with the .nif file gets placed in this folder
Music
Sound
Splash
Textures <----All the loose .tga files get placed in this folder
Video
Adventures Tool Kit.esp
Morrowind.bsa
Morrowind.esm
Morrowind.esm.map
All you need to remember when placing whatever the mod uses (Icons, Meshes, Textures, Sound, Music) Place everything according to what's in the readme in it's perspective places and you shouldn't have a problem.

Well I just gave you a quick Basic outline of what to do. If you need a more detailed explination, then PM me with the exact place your at and what exactly it is that you havein trouble with, and I'll help you out from there.

I just hope this clears most of the questions people have on this.

Edited by grifter66, 08 May 2005 - 08:23 PM.

#2 th3rdeye420

th3rdeye420

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 June 2005 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE(grifter66 @ May 8 2005, 03:25 PM)
Ok here is the procedure for doing this
First open up the Data Files folder in your Morrowind Game.
You can either do this from your computer or on your X-Box. But either way you will need to open up the Data Files folder in the Morrowind Game..Once that's done you can proceed to the step 1
Music
Splash
Video
Morrowind.bsa
Morrowind.esm
Morrowind.esm.map

BookArt
Icons
Meshes
Sound
Textures

So now when you go into the Data Files folder in the Morrowind Directory you should have one big list that looks like this:
BookArt
fonts
Icons
Meshes
Music
Sound
Splash
Textures
Video
Morrowind.bsa
Morrowind.esm
Morrowind.esm.map
Once all that is done you can proceed to step 2.

But either way you will need to create the folders to place all the loose files into in order to sort them out (this is not neccessary, but it's a lot more organized and easier to keep track of everything).

So the next question is how do I know what's what?
That's a lot easier than it looks.
Follow this and you really can't go wrong.
Every mod I encountered is set up so that
all the .nif and or .tga files go into the Meshes Folder
all the .bmp and or .dds files go into the Textures Folder
all the .tga files go into the Icons folder
and the .esp file goes into the main directory (The place that has these in it):
Morrowind.bsa
Morrowind.esm
Morrowind.esm.map

Yes the TGA amd nif files can go into the same folder samething with the .bmp and .dds files. That's why you have to follow what's in the readme. The readme should tell you where to place the stuff and if it doesn't the person who did that ought to be shot.

Now on occasion you will need to create a lettered folder and place that into the proper folder. So using the Adventures tool kit as an example:

The icons folder has 2 folders within it:
Folder 1 is labeled c with 1 .tga file in it.
Folder 2 is labeled m with 1 .tga file in it

The Meshes folder has 1 folder within it:
Folder 1 is labeled c and has 1 nif file in it

The Textures folder has only 8 .tga files in it

Note: I don't think that case sensitve things matter in this but keep it the same way just to be on the safe side. For example if it's a small c then don't change it to a capital C)

So for example you wanted to use the Adventures tool kit mod which consits of:
Icons
Meshes
Textures
.esp file
You would wind up with this:

BookArt
fonts
Icons <----The folders Labled c and m with the .tga files get placed in this folder
Meshes <----The folder labeled c with the .nif file gets placed in this folder
Music
Sound
Splash
Textures <----All the loose .tga files get placed in this folder
Video
Adventures Tool Kit.esp
Morrowind.bsa
Morrowind.esm
Morrowind.esm.map
All you need to remember when placing whatever the mod uses (Icons, Meshes, Textures, Sound, Music) Place everything according to what's in the readme in it's perspective places and you shouldn't have a problem.

Well I just gave you a quick Basic outline of what to do. If you need a more detailed explination, then PM me with the exact place your at and what exactly it is that you havein trouble with, and I'll help you out from there.

I just hope this clears most of the questions people have on this.

View Post

<BRING TOPI BACK FORM DEAD>

In the pc version of Morrowind I know all you had to do was create a folder called Override and it would load the mods. In KotoR 2 the same thing was true. Now in th GOTY edition of Morrowind can you make this folder. If you cant then I doubt the house mods will work has anyone tried this?

#3 darth_turtur

darth_turtur

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 June 2005 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE(th3rdeye420 @ Jun 8 2005, 08:58 AM)
<BRING TOPI BACK FORM DEAD>

In the pc version of Morrowind I know all you had to do was create a folder called Override and it would load the mods. In KotoR 2 the same thing was true. Now in th GOTY edition of Morrowind can you make this folder. If you cant then I doubt the house mods will work has anyone tried this?

View Post

If you're good with hex editing, then it's possible to just create an override folder just like in Kotor 2. But since the main .xbe files of morrowind tells the game to look for certain things in certain folders, then you would have to create these folders for the mods to work right. There's a lot of tutorials around here that shows 3 different things that will optimize the use of mods. Also, house scripts are all running via the esp unless it has a bloodmoon or tribunal dependency. I have 4 or 5 different house mods running (including Nerevarine's Castle) and everything works fine!

#4 th3rdeye420

th3rdeye420

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:42 PM

thanks for the info Darth where does it look for the info maybe I will try the hex

#5 darth_turtur

darth_turtur

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE(darth_turtur @ Jun 8 2005, 11:28 AM)
If you're good with hex editing, then it's possible to just create an override folder just like in Kotor 2.  But since the main .xbe files of morrowind tells the game to look for certain things in certain folders, then you would have to create these folders for the mods to work right.  There's a lot of tutorials around here that shows 3 different things that will optimize the use of mods.  Also, house scripts are all running via the esp unless it has a bloodmoon or tribunal dependency.  I have 4 or 5 different house mods running (including Nerevarine's Castle) and everything works fine!

View Post

Initially, most of the info looks in the Z:\ directory because of how the way the game backs everything into the cache folder. According to most of the tutorials, these values should be replaced by D: in order to skip this "virtual drive" and look directly in the data files folder under the game directory itself.

You should really try the hex editing method. It will make modding your Morrowind game a breeze. Also, just a quick note, make sure you're considering system capabilities when downloading mods. Since the xbox only has 64MB of RAM, massive mods that alter the game dramatically will not work because these mods require a higher amount of memory to run (128MB and higher).

#6 darthmunky

darthmunky

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Video games, movies, computers, technology, biking, badmenton, deep-forest hiking

Posted 04 March 2006 - 05:50 PM

How do you see the contents of the disc using your xbox?

Edited by darthmunky, 04 March 2006 - 05:52 PM.

#7 forprog

forprog

X-S X-perience

• PipPip
  • 399 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 March 2006 - 01:40 AM

my guess would be copy it to the harddrive

#8 Carlo210

Carlo210

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 30 April 2006 - 03:34 PM

Do you guys think that we will be able to install better bodies and so forth on the Xbox 360 because of the added power, or will Morrowind still play as if it's on an Xbox. The reason I ask is because I'm pretty sure that Xbox1 games don't take advantage of the Xbox 360's increased power other than having an increased resolution and having more aa.

#9 mister_freeze

mister_freeze

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 June 2006 - 05:50 PM

because it would be running on a 360xbox xbox emulator. I wouldn't count on it. Worth a try though u gotta mod you 360xbox dvd drive to try that out...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users