#1 generiq1

generiq1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 09 May 2005 - 03:30 AM

Im trying to make a cool logo to replace the PINK EvoX logo that currently displays when I boot up. I am using the DDS converter utitility...which is VERY picky about the demensions of the JPG or BMP I am converting...so I THOUGHT I had the problem solved when I got the image the right size...but now after converting to DDS, EVtool says 'Error: Incorrect Texture File Size'

what am i doing wrong?

[Q]

#2 generiq1

generiq1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 05:15 AM

ok, now another problem. when i made my custom m8+ bios with EVtool, the only thing I did different was change the colours of the splash screen and change the eject light color to red...but ever since, when i try and load Avalaunch, i USUALLY either get a blank screen that looks like there SHOULD be something there...but there isnt...and its almost like i am still controlling the menus with the controller, but i cant see what im selecting...or, I get this MERRY CHRISTMAS screen from Avalaunch...which WONT go away! This is after also updating to the latest version...

any suggestions on this?

one other...im using a HUB...and I cant auto-update avalaunch...any suggestions on this?

[Q]

#3 generiq1

generiq1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 07:08 PM

OK, I reflashed the bios and now Avalaunch works fine...but it still has the ANNOYING Merry Christmas logo on load??? How can I get rid of this...

Also, still trying to figure out how to replace the EvoX Logo on boot...I just want to use a DIFFERENT EvoX Logo...the one that says 'MOD Inside!'...any suggestions?

[Q]

#4 generiq1

generiq1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 07:11 PM

OK, I reflashed the bios and now Avalaunch works fine...but it still has the ANNOYING Merry Christmas logo on load??? How can I get rid of this...

Also, still trying to figure out how to replace the EvoX Logo on boot...I just want to use a DIFFERENT EvoX Logo...the one that says 'MOD Inside!'...any suggestions?

[Q]

#5 bullitt464

bullitt464

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 May 2005 - 07:35 PM

eh so which bios are you using?

#6 wadsy

wadsy

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:37 AM

from the evox m8 readme

Evox Logo Notes

The logo is in DDS format.

You can create these using Photoshop or using apps which can use Photoshop
import/export plugins or with any image editor and a conversion tool. You can
find the plugin and commandline conversion utility need at nVida's web site
<http://developer.nvidia.com/object/nv_texture_tools.html>. MS's DX9
SDK also has a converter, but it didn't allow enough control over the ouput
file to give me the exact format I needed.

The output file format should be 128 * 128 A4R4G4B4 DDS with no mip maps.
Exporting from Photoshop I chose 16-bit (4:4:4:4) no mip maps and left the
other settings alone. Using nvdxt.exe I use the command:
nvdxt.exe -nomipmap -u4444 <your_image_file.tga>.

also mod inside i've uploaded to my web space if your desperate
mod inside

and for the avalaunch xmas logo all i did too remove it was setup the network in avalaunch and update from inside there

#7 generiq1

generiq1

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:51 PM

Thanks SO MUCH for your help...I didnt even see that in the read-me...Ill have to look closer next time

I was able to find info about it on X-S [of course] and I downloaded the necessary plug-ins to create the DDS file with PhotoShop, but I still couldnt get it to work...I didnt have any info about the Export Settings - which you provided beautifully...THANKS!

I will take another swing at it, and if all else fails...I'll use the one you made...Thanks!

Once inside Avalaunch, where do you set up the boot image? Please elaborate???

[Q]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users