#1 StepsAscend

StepsAscend

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:19 AM

I modded my 1.0 with a smartxx lt opx. I played Live, with original bios of course, for a few weeks no prob. Then I installed a 120 gb, formatted, locked. Went on live, have been on for over 2 months now no banning. I don't know about the whole, can't switch hard drives if you've been on live thing. Now, if it makes any difference, I extracted my account to a memory card from the old drive and then added it to the new one. THe idea here being it was as if I was jsut taking my account to my friends house, so of course the HDD was different. I don't know if that's why it worked or what, but all these crazy theories might be wrong.

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,751 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:46 AM

well to you taking your account to a firends house an dusing it, thats not a defiance of marriage theory, since your friend has both a different eeproma dn HD, its a different xbox

for the HD upgrade, are you sure you didnt change the eeprom? (maybe you had a professional modder do the HD install for you?) did you play Live right up the point when you changed HDs? if you hadnt been on for several monthys your HD and eeprom maynever have been married. if not its probable you just slipped through the cracks

anyway, in closing, there is FAR more evidence to support marriage theory than there is to deride it, you, my friend, are the exception, not the rule

#3 Lord Magnus

Lord Magnus

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 May 2005 - 06:46 AM

You didn't change your eeprom at the same time you upgraded your HD, no ?

#4 StepsAscend

StepsAscend

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:49 AM

Nope never changed the eeprom. and i did all the work myself. and yeah I played live right up to the day I changed everything.

#5 KennyD6169

KennyD6169

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 May 2005 - 12:02 PM

Consider yourself lucky smile.gif

#6 Lord Magnus

Lord Magnus

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 May 2005 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE(StepsAscend @ May 9 2005, 08:55 AM)
Nope never changed the eeprom.  and i did all the work myself.  and yeah I played live right up to the day I changed everything.

View Post

Yeap... you're either awfully lucky, or they have a freaking long ass list to catch up with.

Like vader said, it's been 100 % proven that the Marriage Theory is not a theory anymore... and there is unrefutable proof of it.

If things are exactly how you described them, consider yourself lucky mate, and I really hope that ban never, ever comes to you.

Good luck. smile.gif

#7 Gumba

Gumba

X-S Freak

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 04:13 AM

QUOTE(StepsAscend @ May 9 2005, 03:25 PM)
I modded my 1.0 with a smartxx lt opx.  I played Live, with original bios of course, for a few weeks no prob.  Then I installed a 120 gb, formatted, locked.  Went on live, have been on for over 2 months now no banning.  I don't know about the whole, can't switch hard drives if you've been on live thing.  Now, if it makes any difference, I extracted my account to a memory card from the old drive and then added it to the new one.  THe idea here being it was as if I was jsut taking my account to my friends house, so of course the HDD was different.  I don't know if that's why it worked or what, but all these crazy theories might be wrong.

View Post

I would like to see these results reproduced first smile.gif

If you can reproduce them, then well, perhaps there is some missing info.

If not... well then it could just be that MS lost some data related to your HD marriage and you were just damn lucky

Edited by Gumba, 10 May 2005 - 04:15 AM.

#8 bigdawg10163

bigdawg10163

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:35 AM

yea consider yourself lucky

#9 Stan Marsh

Stan Marsh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 06:53 AM

Big deal. He's probably using the same eeprom on the upgraded HDD. I've done exactly what he's done before. Copying my Live Account to the Memory Card, upgrading the HDD, and then copying it back over to the new HDD. So technically, he's not doing anything that defyies any of these so called theories.

#10 StepsAscend

StepsAscend

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:14 AM

Well that's what I don't know. Is the way I did it a way to get around it, or am I really lucky. Whatever.

#11 Gumba

Gumba

X-S Freak

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE(Stan Marsh @ May 10 2005, 03:59 PM)
Big deal. He's probably using the same eeprom on the upgraded HDD. I've done exactly what he's done before. Copying my Live Account to the Memory Card, upgrading the HDD, and then copying it back over to the new HDD. So technically, he's not doing anything that defyies any of these so called theories.

View Post

Well, yeah, he is.

If what he says he's doing is working, and it sounds like it might be, since you seem to be confirming it, then that's a violation of the marriage theory.

Which means the marriage theory is at best, a little bit inaccurate wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users