• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tiggs

Tiggs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:54 PM

I installed my X3 chip tonight......i used the solderless adapter for it and made mistake number 1!

I put the chip on backwards...this caused it to heat up enough to smoke a little!!!

Anyway....quickly spotted my error and got on with it teh right way.

Now for varioous reasons i gave up on the adapter and soldered it........but either way the same problem occours:

With chip wired up the chips blue leds come on but it doesnt boot up......the thing "tries" to start 3 times, on the 3rd go it stays poered up but there is NO signal to the screen and the X panel on the front of the box is blue/red.......the DVD tray wont opertate and with no TV screen theres nothing else i can do.

If i unplug the DO lead it starts up fine as it did pre-mod................whats that all about? Could i have blown the chip with my backwards error...and if i did why do its leds still work fine?

any help please!

Tiggs

#2 pattink

pattink

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:12 PM

check when you start up if one of the blue lights turns on or if both turn on, if only one, check/resolder the alt 5V or the pin for 3.3v, forget which one that is but yeah, check all your connections to the power points, this happened on my first go. If not it could very well be that you put the chip on backwards, which would be kinda hard because I think my X3 had a filled female pinheader thingy on the chip so you couldnt put it the other way.

#3 seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 09 May 2005 - 11:31 PM

if both lights on the chip are on. turn it off and try to boot from bank2 (off,on,off,off,off) to see if flashbios loads.
also try the backup

#4 Tiggs

Tiggs

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 12:07 AM

tried that but still teh same thing happens:

Two blue lights on the chip come on....the TV screen flicks to black....after .5 sec it shuts down (as if the power was switched off) then does the same thing again.....3 times.

on the 3rd attempt the TV screen goes back to blue screen (no signal) and the unit stays powered up...but sending no signal to the TV?

Is my chip blown?

#5 Vasher

Vasher

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 May 2005 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE(seriouslysilly @ May 9 2005, 01:37 PM)
... try to boot from bank2 (off,on,off,off,off) to see if flashbios loads.

View Post

That's 1mb bank 5-8.

If you can't get it to work check the chip to see if it looks "fried".

#6 pattink

pattink

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE(Vasher @ May 9 2005, 11:14 PM)
That's 1mb bank 5-8.

If you can't get it to work check the chip to see if it looks "fried".

View Post

yeah, i think he meant the 2nd 1mb bank, but yeah, it is actually 1mb bank 5-8 or just bank 5678

off topic:
also, your sig is kinda long

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users