• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 God_made_me_do_it

God_made_me_do_it

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:42 PM

Ok, I'm starting to think my problem for networking could be some dipshit who owned the thing before me changed the username and password, so obviously I'm not goin to be able to get anythin working unless I can either find em out or bypass them.
Ok, so is there any way to find out your XBOX username and password, or am I screwed? And if I am screwed, apart from firebombing the stupid shop that sold me the thing, is there any way to either reset the password, or just overwrite the BIOS or something?

#2 BigDaddyShoo

BigDaddyShoo

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:45 PM

depending on your dashboard, you can edit what the ftp user/password is inside it's config file. it's always handy to have a dashboard boot disc lying around that has all the proper network settings.

Edited by BigDaddyShoo, 10 May 2005 - 03:46 PM.

#3 Arius

Arius

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 May 2005 - 03:46 PM

Or you could boot of a boot CD / DVD and FTp into the system that way to change it.

#4 God_made_me_do_it

God_made_me_do_it

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 04:38 PM

ok, so if I get a dashboard boot disc, does this have to be any particular dashboard? I'm actually interested in getting one of those nice flashy dashboards installed anyway if I can find one, this evo-x one just looks like the normal Xbox one with a big logo on startup. Any suggestions?

#5 Arius

Arius

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 May 2005 - 04:43 PM

If it looks and only has the usual MS Dashboard cjoices, it is just a MS dashboard smile.gif

The Evox red triangle thing as you boot is the bios.

but yeah, I would burn Evox to a disk (renaming the xbe to defaul.xbe) and boot from that.

FTP over to it, and stick a real dash like avalaunch on the C partition

#6 God_made_me_do_it

God_made_me_do_it

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:08 PM

Sweet, yeah figured that. I assume then that I can just download dashboards from nice downloady places then? I shall have a look. In the meantime, how do I go about burning Evox to disc? Or do I need to go get a copy. Hmm, am I right in thinking that forum rules won't allow me to ask where to get this, right?

Ok, couple of small things, if I have a boot disc with some version of EVOX on it, does it need to be the same version that's running as my BIOS or can it be any old one? I don't actually know what version it is, just got the thing pre-modded and stupid bloke didn't know which chip it is even.

By the way I'm guessing the .XBE is a config file, can I just open that with a text editor? (don't worry I know a bit of scripting won't touch anything that I can't figure out, lol). My guess would be it's a config and the xbox automatically loads Default.xbe over any other files in much the same way as an Autoexec.cfg overwrites game settings on stuff like doom 3 and the ilk. That right or am I in fact a moron?

Ooh yeah one last thing - does this boot disc overwrite the original password, so when I take it out the password settings in the Default.xbe are transferred permanently to my xbox? or do I now have to boot with a CD every time I want to ftp?

Sorry bout all the manic questions, cheers for the help though, hope you guys can shed some light! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users