Photo

About Modchips And Replacement Panels...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Skippydzg

Skippydzg

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 08:01 PM

I was looking on the systemmods website, and saw they had (I think) this thing for the X-Ecuter modchip. Some kind of front panel with an LCD? Does anyone have this? What is entailed in getting this mod, and is it worth it? What else do I need to buy to make it all spiffy-like in regards to the frontpanel, if I were to buy it? Also, does it work with Xbox v.1.6b?

#2 pddy32

pddy32

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 May 2005 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE(Skippydzg @ May 10 2005, 10:07 AM)
I was looking on the systemmods website, and saw they had (I think) this thing for the X-Ecuter modchip. Some kind of front panel with an LCD? Does anyone have this? What is entailed in getting this mod, and is it worth it? What else do I need to buy to make it all spiffy-like in regards to the frontpanel, if I were to buy it? Also, does it work with Xbox v.1.6b?

View Post

its a X3 control pro switch panel and it goes with the X3 chip instead of buying a lcd screen and a pro switch each will cost you lil bit more than buying it all together and u dont have to dremel a hole on your xbox to fit the lcd screen all u do is switch the front panel and hook everything up to the X3 and u are golden

~blu~

#3 dnich

dnich

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 09:05 PM

Just so that there is no confusion for you, the front control panel only works if you have the X3 mod chip. Which in your case, that's the mod chip you'll want since you have a 1.6b mobo.

I love mine.

I watch anime files via my XBOX and the display panel will show me:
File name
Running time / Total time
A bar showing where the file is playing at
Remaining memory on the BOX

Of course this is all done through XBMC.

Installation is simple (no soldering is what I mean). To replace the front control panel is quite easy provided you read the instructions and gently pry the old control panel off.

FYI...I would advise you to get the control panel. The amount of money you save, you might regret. My friend bought an LCD panel and he had to dremel the original control panel. He was never able to get it looking as good as the front control panel.

Hope that helps in your decision making.

D

#4 fasmanza

fasmanza

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Modding...
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 10 May 2005 - 09:14 PM

BTW Why did you make two post on this : http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=395625

#5 freakk123

freakk123

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 May 2005 - 11:37 PM

I'd *HIGHLY* recommend the X3 control panel. I have one (painted red, check the link in my sig) and I love it. It's very clean, looks awesome and adds a lot of functionality at a good price.

If you get one you won't regret it!

#6 SpookieStylez

SpookieStylez

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 May 2005 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE(freakk123 @ May 10 2005, 04:43 PM)
I'd *HIGHLY* recommend the X3 control panel. I have one (painted red, check the link in my sig) and I love it. It's very clean, looks awesome and adds a lot of functionality at a good price.

If you get one you won't regret it!

View Post

This is Freak123's red X3CP
user posted image

Freak: I still had this chilling on my photobucket account from when i rehosted the pic when no one coud see the pic on ya thread blink.gif

sS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users