• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 onad0301

onad0301

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 03:19 AM

ok...here's my problem....have x3 chip...20gig hdd...have config magic installed..works great....

my son got on the box...and was playing around with the apps section....he locked the hdd using config magic....now when the xbox comes on ..it will show up error 08....cannot get into the menus to unlock hdd....

can someone help or point me in the right direction

Thanx Onad

#2 8itgreat

8itgreat

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 May 2005 - 04:01 AM

i dont think your son locked the hard drive cause it wouldnt give an error...if playing with config magic he probably hosed your xbox...could be any number of things...error 8 is no hdd found.....depending on how old your son is i would ask him exactly what he did for a start...

when using config magic it gives you a very clear warning that you can ruin your hard drive if improperly used...

the only thing i can think of is try getting an auto installer boot up disk like slayers 2.6 and see if the xbox will boot to it and try and unlock the drive or at the very worst reformat and install all your stuff from scratch...at this point you may have a paperweight on your hands....if so hopefully you will be able to rma the drive and replace it

sorry to hear this bud...but kids will be kids

#3 8itgreat

8itgreat

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:14 AM

you may have also done something to your eeprom as well...

#4 onad0301

onad0301

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 11:13 AM

thanks guys for the response...it was the locked hdd...i played around with it...went into the bios for x3...used the unlock feature there(which i didn't know
existed)...unlocked the hdd...everything back to normal...
Thanx Onad

PS...I had only installed config magic a week ago.....didn't have a chance to change the ms dash from xboxxbe...so it was looking for the dashboard....i'm only assuming this was it?

#5 8itgreat

8itgreat

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 02:37 PM

wow you lucked out man...thought your kid did some major damage lol...glad to hear your up and running...

for you to be able to run ms dash your hard drive needs to be locked...plus of course install an updated ms dash

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users