51 replies to this topic

#16 JMPovoa

JMPovoa

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 09:37 PM

Hi! Can anyone get this to work with 720p? The only resolution I can boot with is 480p. all the others don't work. (With 720p I get a all-white screen, after I choose the resolution I want)

Also, does anyone know how to keep my configurations between sessions? Everytime I reboot everything goes back to default...

#17 KyrinRPG

KyrinRPG

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 23 June 2005 - 01:21 AM

xdsl is the buggiest distro ever

#18 Joshua Wood

Joshua Wood

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 23 June 2005 - 05:35 AM

Is there ANY way to have all xdsl files in one folder, say f:\xdsl

This is how I have xebian, but xdsl is pretty nice and quick... but I don't like it all over the place. How does xebian load itself? It has an xbe, but there is no xromwell menu or anything, it just launches linux straight off... could this be used for xdsl? But then it seems xdsl has some paths coded in... any way of changing them?

Thanks

#19 Beelzabub

Beelzabub

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 July 2005 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE(JMPovoa @ Jun 20 2005, 10:48 PM)
Hi! Can anyone get this to work with 720p? The only resolution I can boot with is 480p. all the others don't work. (With 720p I get a all-white screen, after I choose the resolution I want)

Also, does anyone know how to keep my configurations between sessions? Everytime I reboot everything goes back to default...

View Post

I have the same problem when booting in 720p it alll goes white

#20 amfdfireinside

amfdfireinside

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 12 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 August 2005 - 06:36 PM

is that the ENTIRE tutorial?? or have some links gones missing?

#21 alexlexus

alexlexus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 02 November 2005 - 05:33 PM

i am new to all this and i got everything working up until i get

Error loading kernel/linux24

what do i do to fix this?

#22 satans_banjo

satans_banjo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 12:07 AM

i followed the tutorial and worked out how to edit the ini file. it now comes up with a screen allowing me to select either 'etherboot' or 'CD-ROM (hdb)' what do i do now? do i have to use the ISO to burn a CD and insert the CD?

#23 friedgold

friedgold

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 December 2005 - 12:22 AM

You should have a Fatx icon, this is the one you want. If the fatx icon doesn't appear then it because E:\linuxboot.cfg doesn't exist. linuxboot.cfg must be in the root of E: (the path is hardcoded into Cromwell / XCromwell). The filename is probably case sensitive so make sure the filename is in lower case.

#24 satans_banjo

satans_banjo

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 December 2005 - 05:21 PM

okay - i managed to get FatX onto the Cromwell menu, but now when it starts linux and looks for USB devices, it says it can't find the KNOPPIX filesystem so it runs the shell. does the filesystem need to be in E:\KNOPPIX? i've got it in E:\xDSL\KNOPPIX

EDIT: done. that was what i needed to do

Edited by satans_banjo, 05 December 2005 - 05:24 PM.

#25 cdubu

cdubu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE(alexlexus @ Nov 2 2005, 06:40 PM) View Post

i am new to all this and i got everything working up until i get

Error loading kernel/linux24
what do i do to fix this?

Use a different type of cdr, mine did that with FWS ones.

Hope this helps.

C.

#26 SilverStone641

SilverStone641

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 07 January 2006 - 07:23 PM

hey guys, first off, thanks for all the info! i've been struggling over all this. My second question is, when i put everything on the harddrive will i be able to save files i download off the net, onto the harddrive? how do i set that up?

second question. Is there a way to enable xdsl to run .swf files or movie files? I.E. Avi, MPG, wmv, mov etc.

thanks

mike

#27 Kidrdbz

Kidrdbz

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 12:50 AM

QUOTE(satans_banjo @ Dec 5 2005, 12:14 AM) View Post

i followed the tutorial and worked out how to edit the ini file. it now comes up with a screen allowing me to select either 'etherboot' or 'CD-ROM (hdb)' what do i do now? do i have to use the ISO to burn a CD and insert the CD?

QUOTE(friedgold @ Dec 5 2005, 12:29 AM)

You should have a Fatx icon, this is the one you want. If the fatx icon doesn't appear then it because E:\linuxboot.cfg doesn't exist. linuxboot.cfg must be in the root of E: (the path is hardcoded into Cromwell / XCromwell). The filename is probably case sensitive so make sure the filename is in lower case.

Ok, I am trying to install xDSL 0.5 by way of FTP, but I have come across this problem of no Fatx icon. I have all of the files from the iso installed where the tutorial at xbox-linux.org says to put them, including the linuxboot.cfg mentioned above. I have also searched for answers through these forums and elsewhere on the net, and most of them claim success by doing things that I have tried, but unfortunately I am less successful.

Help would be appreciated.

#28 Abecedarian

Abecedarian

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 12:42 AM

Hey. I've done everything, started XDSL, hit the "FatX" option, but then it tells me that it can't find the KNOPPIX filesystem and boots into a "(very limited)" shell. With no virtual keyboard. I'm a fair bit new to linux, is there something really obvious I've missed out here? And yes, I do have what friedgold called the knoppix filesystem under e:\knoppix\knoppix\knoppix (the last one being the file).

Edited by Abecedarian, 27 May 2006 - 12:57 AM.

#29 Abecedarian

Abecedarian

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 May 2006 - 03:39 AM

Got that one resolved, and booted into DSL fine. I did some stuff, which failed, and then I realised that I would have to have a loopback install. So, I booted in for about the fifth time or so, but now it took ages to boot up and the mouse pointer lagged every few seconds. I cleared the Xbox's cache, re-ftp'd all the XDSL files but it wouldn't go away. So, I tried a loopback install anyway and it crashed before even loading the first prompt successfully. Help?

#30 crispy4004

crispy4004

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 May 2006 - 03:43 AM

I'm having some problems here, I installed X-dsl.5 to my Xbox and launched it under Evolution X under the HDD Apps portion ...

problem is, its permiantely stuck in the "your selection is loading" screen.

Everything should be installed in the correct directories ... anyone have a clue why I can't run it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users