BulkySam

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:14 PM

Let me start off by saying that this is my first time trying anything with linux on xbox. My problem is that I keep getting an error message that says: Error loading kernel /linux24

My settup looks like this:

E:\KNOPPIX\KNOPPIX (the last one being the file)
E:\KNOPPIX\linux24
E:\KNOPPIX\minirt24
E:\linuxboot.cfg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#32 BulkySam

BulkySam

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 June 2006 - 10:03 PM

Nevermind, I just needed to edit the cfg.

#33 error_55o

error_55o

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 01:20 AM

How do you install apps eg Cedega 5

#34 geophontea

geophontea

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 03:51 AM

I am a noob at modding and linux and have a few questions. I FTP'd all the files I need to run XDSL to my XBOX and they are in the correct folders and drives. I can get it to boot up and work properly but when I do a loopback install every thing goes well until I reboot and try to run XDSL again. I get through all the loading and then it asks for a username and password. I know what they are but do not know how to put them in. All I have is a game controller which is fine when I ran XDSL the first time and would be great for what I want to do with XDSL. I do not have a keyboard or mouse that I can use. My question is. Is there a way to either set up XDSL to auto login or bypass it all together.

Thanks
Geophontea

#35 geophontea

geophontea

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2006 - 05:51 AM

Sorry for the second post, I reinstalled and figured it out. I selected no when it asked if I wanted to auto login, the first time I installed XDSL.

Again Sorry for the second post.

Thanks

Geophontea

#36 NIA BackStabber

NIA BackStabber

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 October 2006 - 02:06 AM

i thought u had to have the cromwell bios to use this or can i run it as an app in xbmc

#37 arsi

arsi

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 December 2006 - 01:18 PM

the question i am asking has been asked but no one replied to it..and after some posts the same person replied that he solved hi prob BUT I CANT...so plz help me
question : i ftp`d across all the files in e:/..no folders no subdirectories..linuxboot.cfg do exists...the files r case sensitive...but when i run the default.xbe the xromwell is loaded...where i can fine cd option and ether boot options...NO FATX OPTION.grr.gif ..i did every single thing according to the tutorial... i hve to load it frm my hd..and i think it needs to be done thru fatx option..which i cant find! plzz help me...
xbox version : 1.1 or 1.2 not sure..
and this is the same problem when i tried to install gentoox thru ftp...there was no fatx option ...so i switched to xdsl.and again the saaaameeee probllleeemmm..plzz help me sad.gif

#38 lightning30

lightning30

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2006 - 06:19 PM

i got it on my xbox but i dont know what to do cause it pauses after i pick the screen size it pauses at the blue loading screen.

#39 gunner9218

gunner9218

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:08 AM

ok this is wht i did i put boot.cfg in e folder then i put merrout 24 somethinglike tht in knoppix and knoppix in knoppix and linux 24 in knoppix and default in e i press default click fatx and it says error minerit 23.gz error loading wht did i do wrong

#40 xboxhartford

xboxhartford

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:02 PM

I am not sure if anyone still check this board or not but I wanted to put this out there to see if I can reach out for any help. Trying to do a FTPing install and run X-DSL v0.5 as an application under Evolution-X dash. When I tried to boot X-DSL it blacks out on me and shuts down my xbox.

I got all my file in place as follows:

E:/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
E:/KNOPPIX/linux24
E:/KNOPPIX/minirt24.gz

E:/linuxboot.cfg and had it configured to:

title XDSL
kernel KNOPPIX/linux24
initrd KNOPPIX/minirt24.gz
append root=/dev/ram0 init=/etc/init rw video=xbox:640x480 frugal quiet kbd-reset

E:/Cromwell/default.xbe (also tried E:/default.xbe)

Any thoughts, anyone?

Edited by xboxhartford, 08 November 2008 - 06:05 PM.

#41 XTecuterX73

XTecuterX73

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE(xboxhartford @ Nov 8 2008, 12:38 PM)  

I am not sure if anyone still check this board or not but I wanted to put this out there to see if I can reach out for any help. Trying to do a FTPing install and run X-DSL v0.5 as an application under Evolution-X dash. When I tried to boot X-DSL it blacks out on me and shuts down my xbox.

title XDSL
kernel KNOPPIX/linux24
append root=/dev/ram0 init=/etc/init rw video=xbox:640x480 frugal quiet kbd-reset

Any thoughts, anyone?

i have tried numerous times to get this to work and each time fails, i do get xdsl to load but when i put all my stuff in xdsl and click on epsxe nothing happens, its really frustrating seeing everyone else get this to work, i get all the way to the part where you have to click in the 9 boxes, after i do that i go back to eflmlm and click on epsxe and jack crap happens, it just sits there. And half the time epsxe just friggin disappears after i put it in for some reason. All this to try out tony hawks pro skater. HAs anyone tried this game out yet on this?

This crap is stupid and i wonder if it even works! grr.gif

XT-

#42 xboxhartford

xboxhartford

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 03:55 AM

OK found the problem - it is the HD component cable I got that is causing the shut down issue (seems like the High Def cable was not picked up by X-DSL) then I swap back to my old Audio Video cable and X-DSL boot up. Only thing I did addition to the previous post was that I tried to use Gentoox Loader.. but, XDSL can not support High Def cables? I would imagine it would but i'll need to do some configuration before boot XDSL. Anyone out there has any idea how to work XDSL with HD component cables - thanks!

QUOTE(xboxhartford @ Nov 8 2008, 06:38 PM)  

title XDSL
kernel KNOPPIX/linux24

Any thoughts, anyone?

#43 xboxhartford

xboxhartford

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 06:14 AM

Alright, I have it sorted out (found a work around)- launch XDSL from XBMC. I setup the xbe to launch from XBMC and wow XDSL booted in High Def baby! One down more to go! Running into problem that the screen is not calibrated corrected when DSL boot up. It is quite off actually - anywhere to configure the screen so that it will fit the screen? Any direction will be much appreciated - thanks.

QUOTE(xboxhartford @ Nov 11 2008, 04:31 AM)  

OK found the problem - it is the HD component cable I got that is causing the shut down issue (seems like the High Def cable was not picked up by X-DSL) then I swap back to my old Audio Video cable and X-DSL boot up. Only thing I did addition to the previous post was that I tried to use Gentoox Loader.. but, XDSL can not support High Def cables? I would imagine it would but i'll need to do some configuration before boot XDSL. Anyone out there has any idea how to work XDSL with HD component cables - thanks!

#44 fugmenot

fugmenot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 November 2008 - 10:02 AM

XDSL v .6 and .7 Boot fine with 640X480 and 480p. Solid Yellow screen when I choose 800X600, and a solid white screen with 720p. My xbox is a 1.6 with component cables, and my tv is 1080i. I would like to be able to use the hd capabilities of both my xbox and tv with xdsl. Anyone else running into the same thing? Thanx for any help...

#45 xboxhartford

xboxhartford

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 November 2008 - 06:48 PM

Have you try playing around with the TV setting within xbox dash - if not, try enabling all (480i,720p,1080i) and see if that does it.

I am still trying to get the screen to fit the WS when bootup - anyone?

QUOTE(fugmenot @ Nov 12 2008, 10:38 AM)  

XDSL v .6 and .7 Boot fine with 640X480 and 480p. Solid Yellow screen when I choose 800X600, and a solid white screen with 720p. My xbox is a 1.6 with component cables, and my tv is 1080i. I would like to be able to use the hd capabilities of both my xbox and tv with xdsl. Anyone else running into the same thing? Thanx for any help...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users