• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#46 Lokiel

Lokiel

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:14 PM

Yo. First. The problem. When ever I attempt to run the default.xbe included with xdsl0.6 it hangs on the loading screen, for me this being "Your selection is now loading" From the evox dash, or just a plain and simple black screen loading it from XBMC.

The Goal

Attempting to install XDSL on my xbox via FTP using FlashFTP
Ive attempted to put the default.xbe in several places, from putting it in F:/apps, F:/, E:/, E:/apps, E:/Cromwell and none of these are working, so I think Im safe to assume that it isnt the placement of the default.xbe.

The files are all placed correctly and none of the names have been changed. Im aware that they are case sensitive and have double checked them all. the KNOPPIX file is in its own little folder on the E:/ drive along with linux24 and minirt24.gz. The config file is sitting on the E:/ drive, outside of any folder and in the root as specified.

So. My question is. What else can I try? or what am I doing wrong? No the Mod chip isn't flashed with Xcromwell But Ive read that this isn't a must.

Edited by Lokiel, 23 November 2008 - 07:30 PM.

#47 stevewal

stevewal

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:conservastion, rock climbing, modding and gaming, gardening.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 27 November 2008 - 08:24 PM

Hi,
Try using the new xdsl0.6 final release from the xdls wiki.

It uses a newer version of xromwell which should solve your booting errors. Ftp instructions are included in the iso, if you extract using winrar etc.

If you've still got problems with loading xdsl, then try loading it from unleashx, as it has better compatibility with some modchip bioses and the linux loader (xromwell).

#48 fugmenot

fugmenot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:01 AM

XDSL v .6 and .7 Boot fine with 640X480 and 480p. Solid Yellow screen when I choose 800X600, and a solid white screen with 720p. My xbox is a 1.6 with component cables, and my tv is 1080i. I would like to be able to use the hd capabilities of both my xbox and tv with xdsl. Anyone else running into the same thing? Thanx for any help...

Still havin the same problem... Scoured the forums for something similar and have come up with no solution or explanation. Im trying to learn how this software works, but am a noob. Anyone have any suggestions...

#49 stevewal

stevewal

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • Interests:conservastion, rock climbing, modding and gaming, gardening.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:50 PM

Hi,
It's possible that you could get the resolutions that you want, but it's kinda involved.

The problem is with Xfbdev ( the x server that xdsl uses by default). It's lightweight, quick to boot and has pretty good compatibility for old and new style tv's and monitors. However it also often will often only work properly for one or or two of the higher resolutions depending on what your display is. That's one reason that xfree86 and xorg are in the upgrades menu.

So you will need to upgrade to xfree86 or xorg, then edit /etc/x11/XF86Config-4 for xfree86 or /etc/x11/xorg.conf for xorg to the modeline setting suitable for your tv and the resolution you want.
Ive put in a load of modeline examples some of which might work for you. But chances are you will have to search for one to suit your tv.

Good luck.

#50 blankw

blankw

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 04:46 AM

I managed to make a frugal install of Xdsl 0.7 on my xbox without ftp, by using the file editor in UnleashX, and a lot of patience.

(just as an aside for those who don't have the ability to ftp their box)

#51 xer0510

xer0510

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:18 PM

okay so im trying to install xdsl and i am getting a error saying "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, sorry..." idk what i am missing here i follwed the read me files, different videos, forum topics and still nothing. can anyone give me some help with this.

EDIT: NVM FIGURED IT OUT

Edited by xer0510, 06 April 2011 - 09:46 PM.

#52 StoopidMunky11

StoopidMunky11

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 08:36 AM

Hey guys, I just downloaded and installed xDSL on my chipped Xbox, and for some reason, it says "Can't find KNOPPIX file system". I double-checked the linuxboot.cfg file multiple times now...

It states...

title XDSL
kernel KNOPPIX/linux24
initrd KNOPPIX/minirt24.gz
append root=/dev/ram0 init=/etc/init rw video=xbox:640x480 frugal quiet kbd-reset

I have my files set up in the KNOPPIX folder as:

E:/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
E:/KNOPPIX/linux24
E:/KNOPPIX/minirt24.gz
E:/linuxboot.cfg

Everything boots okay with the Xromwell 2.4 xbe...but as soon as DSL is done looking for USB devices, it does a quick scan (I'm guessing to find KNOPPIX filesystem) and comes back with Cant find KNOPPIX filesystem...

What am I doing wrong here...? Please help. It would be greatly appreciated...Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users