• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 neverbefore

neverbefore

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 04:27 AM

Ok, I got banned on my stock hard drive which was a Seagate model hdd (came with my 1.3 xbox). Since I have 8 months left on my subscription, I'm going to use the same flagged gamertag.

I've allready got and installed a new eeprom (virgin to xbox live, and still is until I get a new hdd installed).

Since my gamertag is flagged, I know I need a stock sized hard drive, but can it be ANY hdd taken out of ANY xbox? Whether or not it has allready been signed on to xbox live right?

For example: Can I order and safely use an allready used (but unbanned) Western Digital hdd (my original one was a Seagate)?

Thanks guys! biggrin.gif

#2 neverbefore

neverbefore

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 04:43 AM

ALSO!!! When I get a new hard drive should I unlock it when I put it in my xbox and then relock it using Config Magic to make sure that it is 'locked to my xbox'? Some of the hdd's on ebay say that they come unlocked and some say that they do not. Please outline what steps I should do for obtaining a new hard drive. THANKS!!!

#3 neverbefore

neverbefore

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 05:35 PM

lordvader, you got any help for me on this one?

#4 I Want More CowBell

I Want More CowBell

The only Prescription is....

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • Interests:Get out! This part is just for the men!!!!!!!!!
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 May 2005 - 05:38 PM

Check this out read that...might help you out buddy

#5 sidewinder33

sidewinder33

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 12 May 2005 - 06:49 PM

From what vader has told me the hdd can be non virgin as long as it was never banned. On the locked, unlocked i think you want the unlocked one because you can get into it and when you lock it on your box its all yours, but Im not 100%sure about that last part.

#6 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 12 May 2005 - 07:49 PM

you definately want an unlocked HD, if the auction doesnt specify locked or unlocked you can ask the sell, otherwise i wouldnt take a chance on it (locked HDs are pretty much useless without the xbox they came out of)

#7 neverbefore

neverbefore

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 12:02 AM

which program should I use to lock the hard drive? Config Magic? When I was using config magic to upgrade my eeprom I noticed that it set the master password or whatever to teamassembly, is that safe to use on xbox live?

Basically when I get this hard drive (it is unlocked) I need to connect it physically to my xbox, turn my modchip on (so I can read the dvdr of config magci), put in config magic and simply click on lock the hard drive, then play on live? Or am I missing something?

#8 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 13 May 2005 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE(neverbefore @ May 12 2005, 05:08 PM)
Basically when I get this hard drive (it is unlocked)  I need to connect it physically to my xbox, turn my modchip on (so I can read the dvdr of config magci), put in config magic and simply click on lock the hard drive, then play on live?  Or am I missing something?

View Post

thats pretty much it, and of course flash your new eeprom

#9 neverbefore

neverbefore

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 May 2005 - 03:38 AM

Many thanks to you lordvader, you have been a tremendous help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users