hoa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:19 AM

sry for triple posting but i cant edit!
my xbox freezes after a bit it stops here LOADING
^
im its worst enemy after i edit my save, most of the time it does that.
i call it the EVIL i

#18 buggs187

buggs187

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 07:49 PM

I know that this game is old but still fun... Could some one please tell what i have to shange in the XBE so it noes not check sig.. plus skips the intros.... And i have the normal version not the GOTY.... Thanks you could email it to me if you dont mind
CODE
buggs187@gmail.com

#19 hoa

hoa

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE(buggs187 @ Jun 7 2005, 07:00 AM)
I know that this game is old but still fun... Could some one please tell what i have to shange in the XBE so it noes not check sig.. plus skips the intros.... And i have the normal version not the GOTY....  Thanks you could email it to me if you dont mind
CODE
buggs187@gmail.com

View Post

go to the hacking .xbe thread

#20 darth_turtur

darth_turtur

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 June 2005 - 11:18 PM

I noticed that it's so much easier to just hack default.xbe to remove the sig checking and simply edit the gamesave with enchanted editor. It's a one for all type deal and you never have to worry about redoing the file check again.

Just thought i'd share...

#21 Renobu

Renobu

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 10:06 AM

That quick and dirty method of slimming your save seems not to work for me (DDE when loading) and I know it's not the signing hack in the xbe because I tried hacking the save before, only changing some player stats, and that worked.

Any sort of large scale deletion (Creatures Killed, NPCs Killed, Cells) seems to affect too many other things. I have tried deleting things with safe mode on and that still doesn't work (probably cause safe mode deletes even more things lol).

Changing my constant effect levitate ring to have a magnitude of 500 was fun though...

I really have to get my save smaller, 156 blocks is too big and gives me too many DDEs on mods. sad.gif

Any help with this much appreciated wink.gif

#22 deadeyes989

deadeyes989

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 378 posts
  • Interests:Correct grammar.<br /><br />If you don't listen, you will make baby Jesus cry.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 June 2005 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE(hoa @ May 22 2005, 01:20 AM)
i was mucking around with dis and all xasvsig does is changes the hex just like when u hex edit the vv.dat file. there has to be a way for this to work! post up how to hack the defualt.xbe so it doesnt check the signatures!!!!!!  blink.gif and i dont think that u can use that editor to remove getting expelled

View Post

Pleas post a tut.... i cant get the signature thing to work, i need a work-around really badly. I have it on my HDD so a way to not check the vv.dat would be wonderful. Thanks ahead of time

#23 darth_turtur

darth_turtur

X-S Expert

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE(deadeyes989 @ Jun 25 2005, 04:50 PM)
Pleas post a tut.... i cant get the signature thing to work, i need a work-around really badly. I have it on my HDD so a way to not check the vv.dat would be wonderful. Thanks ahead of time

View Post

Refer to the hacking default.xbe guide on the top of the forum. Changing bytes on it via hex editor will allow you to play hacked saves (game will not check sig) without the use of the xsig software

#24 grifter66

grifter66

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:41 PM

I'm going to contact roofus

#25 roofus

roofus

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 June 2005 - 01:33 AM

Pasted from Default.xbe hacking guide:
This should work with PAL / NTSC GOTY edition Morrowind.
No Signature checking hack:
At offsett 27258 (6A7Ah) you should see 75 16. Change this to EB 16. Calculated signatures no longer need to match the saved signature, so hacked savegames can be loaded from the main menu!

#26 grifter66

grifter66

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 01:53 AM

Thank you roofus for taking the time to come back here to do this.

Edited by grifter66, 28 June 2005 - 01:53 AM.

#27 hitokiri gensai

hitokiri gensai

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 12:17 AM

i need to know something.whenever i try to load up the ess.file ,the enchanted editer says that it is out of memory.this is very agrivating.since,i know how to do pretty much any thing on this .PLEASE HELP!

#28 Nostroph

Nostroph

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 02:06 AM

Nevermind. I tried a different save and it worked biggrin.gif

Edited by Nostroph, 10 August 2005 - 02:17 AM.

#29 daveuk1

daveuk1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 08:18 PM

Hi Everyone,

I appologise for having to start this topic over again but i am left with no other choice.

I have followed this topic closely and tried to the best of my abilities to comply with the instructions set out by roofus who has my thanks, my problem is two fold.

neither can i edit my save games via Enchated Editor as i keep receiving an "cannot load save game" message or similar and i cannot find the hex values mentioned in either of the tutorials on XBE hacking.

I am in england an am using a PAL version of the morrowind game, not the Game of the year edition, i know that my hex editing is precise but i just cannot get any of the tutorials from this site to work

the tools that i am using are Hexworkshop, Enchanted Editor, Xsavsig and Flash FXP with a PAL xbe of the game.

can anyone please help?

thanks.

#30 hairypottah

hairypottah

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 August 2005 - 10:44 PM

Can anyone reccomend the limits for some of the stats? I've hacked the default.xbe to remove the save check, but it's still freezing on load. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users