X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Videogames
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 14 May 2005 - 07:07 AM

If I have a flagged gamertag and I play on a softmodded xbox with just the f drive partitioned will I get banned??? Technically im still playing on a stock hdd, just with that extra 2 gigs partitioned for the f drive.....

#2 Lord Magnus

Lord Magnus

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 14 May 2005 - 05:13 PM

Just boot M$ retail dashboard and play. Your HD is still stock, and your F partition cannot be interpreted by your xbox when the retail dash is loaded. So, no worries.

#3 manobano

manobano

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 11:41 PM

if the f drive cant be recognized then how come i can get banned at all? wouldnt that mean it wouldnt be able to recognize a 20gb+ f partition??

#4 manobano

manobano

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 11:44 PM

when they ban from a flagged gamertag, do they scan the hdd contents for f/g drive, music, apps, emus, games, ect??? or do they just look for the hddkey/hdd model in conjunction with the eeprom??

Edited by manobano, 14 May 2005 - 11:51 PM.

#5 manobano

manobano

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 01:30 AM

any1?

#6 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 15 May 2005 - 01:43 AM

they query the HDs make model and serial number, and if its not a stock xbox HD they ban you

#7 manobano

manobano

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 01:46 AM

ok i guess ill be alright then...

#8 manobano

manobano

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 10:41 PM

im not even 100% sure if my gt is flagged anyways.....i never actually got the modified xbox error. i switched my xbox out at eb games before i ever physically saw that message...

#9 manobano

manobano

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 11:48 PM

does it make a difference if i just play my live tag off the mem card and dont copy it to the xbox hdd itself??

#10 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • 17,735 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE(manobano @ May 15 2005, 04:54 PM)
does it make a difference if i just play my live tag off the mem card and dont copy it to the xbox hdd itself??

View Post

no, doesnt make any difference

#11 manobano

manobano

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:25 AM

is there anyway to check for sure if my gt is banned? cuz im not really 100% sure, i wanna try playing on a modded xbox but i dont wanna get banned if my gt is flagged......and i dont wanna have to get a new gt.

EDIT: I just thought of sumthin....the gt im on right now (the 1 i want to keep) is still under the 2 month free trial. if i unsubscribe and then remake that same gt with a new 2 month trial code, will i be un-flagged?? or will i not be able to remake the same gt name???? any ideas??

Edited by manobano, 16 May 2005 - 04:33 AM.

#12 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • 17,735 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE(manobano @ May 15 2005, 09:31 PM)
is there anyway to check for sure if my gt is banned?  cuz im not really 100% sure, i wanna try playing on a modded xbox but i dont wanna get banned if my gt is flagged......and i dont wanna have to get a new gt.

EDIT: I just thought of sumthin....the gt im on right now (the 1 i want to keep) is still under the 2 month free trial.  if i unsubscribe and then remake that same gt with a new 2 month trial code, will i be un-flagged??  or will i not be able to remake the same gt name????  any ideas??

View Post

i dont think you cna make the same name

now wre you actually banned? i mean did you sign in under conditions that would get you banned? (changed HD with same eeprom, logged in with mod enabled, etc)

but if you are just using a stock 10gb drive it doesnt matter, you wont get banned even if the GT is flagged

#13 Lord Magnus

Lord Magnus

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE(manobano @ May 16 2005, 03:31 AM)
is there anyway to check for sure if my gt is banned?  cuz im not really 100% sure, i wanna try playing on a modded xbox but i dont wanna get banned if my gt is flagged......and i dont wanna have to get a new gt.

EDIT: I just thought of sumthin....the gt im on right now (the 1 i want to keep) is still under the 2 month free trial.  if i unsubscribe and then remake that same gt with a new 2 month trial code, will i be un-flagged??  or will i not be able to remake the same gt name????  any ideas??

View Post

No mate, the only way to know if your gt is flagged is if you actually got banned. Sometimes, and more often now, people will see first the "Cannot find Live" message for a while before the "Moddified hard/soft" one. If I were you, I would cancel, but there's a catch, once you cancel, there is no way for you to get the same gamertag again, and I know this for a fact, and I'll explain myself:

An old friend of mine has been trying for... I guess 2 years now, to get his old gamertag, but M$ told him, even though he hasn't given up yet, that the gamertags that are at some point taken, can't be used again for a long period of time. And no, they couldn't tell him how long. But like I said, it's been 2 years, and still no old gt for him, and he even called them 2 times a day, for a whole month at a certain point to see if maybe a different rep will help him out, but no joy.

I advice you, not to use your gamertag in a modded box with an upgraded HD, chances are, yours is flagged.

Also, to add to lordvader129's post, I believe the way they find out about the bigger HD is also by model number, and then simply a database, so many headers = so many gigs, and if it's more than stock... bum! there goes the banning.

Now, this is my own personal theory, since I have no way to prove it, but it's what makes more sense to me so far. If there any tests made out there, or if someone figured out how they determine if the HD isn't stock, please, link me to it, since all I have is a theory on that, besides the fact that they CAN find a non-stock HD. wink.gif

Edit: By the way lordvader, I hope you don't mind taking your saying and putting it on my sig... That's one funny comment. wink.gif

Edited by Lord Magnus, 16 May 2005 - 05:29 AM.

#14 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • 17,735 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:38 AM

QUOTE(Lord Magnus @ May 15 2005, 10:33 PM)
Also, to add to lordvader129's post, I believe the way they find out about the bigger HD is also by model number, and then simply a database, so many headers = so many gigs, and if it's more than stock... bum! there goes the banning.

Now, this is my own personal theory, since I have no way to prove it, but it's what makes more sense to me so far. If there any tests made out there, or if someone figured out how they determine if the HD isn't stock, please, link me to it, since all I have is a theory on that, besides the fact that they CAN find a non-stock HD. wink.gif

View Post

i always figured they looked at themodel number and compared it to a list of models theyve used in xboes (i think theres only liek 4 or 5 different models) and if it doesnt match up the ban

we need to get a brave soul to use a flagged gamertag to log into live with, say, a Maxtor 8 gig and see what happens

QUOTE(Lord Magnus @ May 15 2005, 10:33 PM)
Edit: By the way lordvader, I hope you don't mind taking your saying and putting it on my sig... That's one funny comment. wink.gif

View Post

no problem at all, i still laugh at it everytime i read your posts

BTW, to those who dont know, i said in response to someone asking whats the most idiot-proof chip to keep from getting banned on Live, nowadays not getting banned is like 90% being careful and maybe 10% Live blocking bios, lol

#15 Lord Magnus

Lord Magnus

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:46 AM

QUOTE(lordvader129 @ May 16 2005, 04:44 AM)
i always figured they looked at themodel number and compared it to a list of models theyve used in xboes (i think theres only liek 4 or 5 different models) and if it doesnt match up the ban

Yeap, that's even smarter. Why check with a full HD model lists, if they can just check if it matches the models they used?. It makes sense.
QUOTE(lordvader129 @ May 16 2005, 04:44 AM)
BTW, to those who dont know, i said in response to someone asking whats the most idiot-proof chip to keep from getting banned on Live, nowadays not getting banned is like 90% being careful and maybe 10% Live blocking bios, lol

View Post

I agree with you there 100 % laugh.gif

Lots of cool people here... it makes it better happy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users