Photo

Does The Audio Playing Part Of Xbmc Not Get Dev'd?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pdottz

pdottz

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 May 2005 - 07:39 PM

Ive had mp3 audio issues since about december with every cvs/officla release of xbmc.

I know all my mp3s are clean and corrupt from because I tested each and every single one of them.

the most annoying problems are playlists. when a song is supposed to start next a bunch of things can happen...

-xbmc freezes and needs an xbox reboot.
-the next track plays SUPERFAST and needs to be stopped and started to correct.
-the next track plays SUPERSLOW and needs to be stopped and started to correct.
-mp3 sounds like a skipping record.

as far as I can remember, the only version of xbmc I had no audio issues with was an october or november release.

I'm not dissing the program it's awesome, I just can't beleive I never read any of the issues that Im having on the forums.

like I said, I'm not dissing the app, it's one of the things I use my xbox for the most and I love it. but most people use xbmc for movie play where as mine is almost stricly music.

#2 mau108

mau108

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 09:12 PM

I have absolutely no problems playing MP3's (never did out of the 3 builds I've used).

How are you updating XBMC?

#3 tslayer

tslayer

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 09:47 PM

There was a fix VERY recently for the fast/slow playing as well as the skipping issues.

Build yourself a new version from CVS and then see.

TS

#4 aHorseofCourse

aHorseofCourse

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 14 May 2005 - 10:08 PM

I've had lots of problems with audio lately, especially iTunes streaming over a wireless connection. I've switched back to using mplayer because the new player, paplayer, doesn't do the job without stuttering and/or freezing - all perfectly understandable given that paplayer is new and in active development.
To use mplayer just delete the in_mp3.dll file from xbmc/system/players/paplayer.

#5 pdottz

pdottz

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 May 2005 - 10:17 AM

thanks..
I'll try some of your guys' suggestions.

i usually get the official cvs/releases, but every once in a while i get a thrid party compiled version.

thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users