5 replies to this topic

#1 gfries

gfries

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 May 2005 - 04:59 AM

I have a duox2 (not sure if it's blue or white, too lazy to open my xbox right now) and I want to flash the bios to enable IGR. In evox right now, it says the bios is unknown, so I'm not sure if I have IGR now. Is there any way I can check (or enable it?) or should I just flash the bios? If I'm just gonna flash the bios, which one should I use, and would it be a good idea to follow this guide (and even use the bios cd available there?)--> http://members.lycos...abox/Duox2.html
Basically, all I want is IGR, so I'd like to know if I have it now, how to enable it, and if not, how I should go about flashing whichever bios. Thanks a lot for the help, much appreciated.

Cheers

#2 otherguy

otherguy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:02 AM

Well one way to check to see if your bios has it enabled is to try it lol...
L+R+back+black... should reset the console.
If evox is your dash you can enable/disable it through the settings, or evox.ini file - pretty simple.

and by the way this is in the wrong forum (has nothing to do with your chip)

#3 killerbootsman

killerbootsman

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts
  • Interests:sports music xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 16 May 2005 - 05:08 AM

the bios i would reccomend (if you decide to re-flash it) is the x2 4981, becausae i have heard bad things of people flashing DuoX2's with the new x2 bios.

#4 IznastY

IznastY

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 May 2005 - 06:31 AM

the new x2 bios's (5032) work fine with duox2's i flash them wit it all the time

Edit: i think some of the duox2 clones may have probs using the x2 bios :/

Edited by IznastY, 16 May 2005 - 06:36 AM.

#5 gfries

gfries

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:26 AM

Sorry for putting this in the wrong forum, thanks for moving it. I checked my evox.ini and it says IGR is enabled, but in game tried both triggers + black + back, both triggers + black + start, and both triggers + both thumbsticks and nothing worked. Should I flash the bios, and is the x2 the best one to use? And could someone point me to what they think is the best guide to flash the bios? Thanks a lot.

#6 warnos16v

warnos16v

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE(gfries @ May 17 2005, 11:32 AM)
Sorry for putting this in the wrong forum, thanks for moving it. I checked my evox.ini and it says IGR is enabled, but in game tried both triggers + black + back, both triggers + black + start, and both triggers + both thumbsticks and nothing worked. Should I flash the bios, and is the x2 the best one to use? And could someone point me to what they think is the best guide to flash the bios? Thanks a lot.

View Post

I am not sure why it is not working for you...

I use Blue & White Duo's 2 all the time and they all seem to reset using both triggers back + start. I even have IGR off in the system settings as some games don't load with it on..

I have noticed one thing though.. Allot of the new games are not restarting properly. Like Forza + Star Wars III..

At present I am using a DuoX2 Blue with 5032 bios. It also worked well with a 4983.06 bios...

Cheers...

Warnos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users