• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lobbdogg

Lobbdogg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:48 PM

Alright I'm fairly new to the whole Xbox modding scene and I've been trying to backup some of my games to hdd cause lets face it I'm lazy and don't like having to get off the couch to switch games.

Anyway I'm using DVD2xbox 0.6.6, it works, it copies the games to the hdd just fine, and when I go to launch the game, it loads up fine, but I usually cannot get into the main menu of a game, it usually locks up then.

I am using a Xenium Ice solderless chip on a xbox v1.0, using XBMC 05.16 (i think), and using DVD2Xbox 0.6.6, and I just have a 40 gig hdd replacement in. And using an X2 bios 50.29 (i think, got it from a friend who has been running it for a while with no probs on same modchip)

Such games that don't seem to work are Amped 2, NHL 2005, Halo 2

but Tony Hawk Proskater 2x works fine

Now it seems that I can't play Amped 2 at all even with the game disc.

This is all I've tried so far.
Other than that, it works just fine and it always boots up properly into the XBMC dashboard.

Any ideas what I can try?

Edited by Lobbdogg, 17 May 2005 - 06:57 PM.

#2 Bloodkrayzed

Bloodkrayzed

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:56 PM

try clearing the cache on your drive, i had some halting problems and that took care of it. i suggest updating to the x3 the newest bios, and a bigger and better drive. what brand hdd do you have?

Also try the long way too, put disk in xbox go to dash,open ftp app you use. drag the d: to your computer, then rename it and drag it back into the games folder. this process takes longer, but i have never had a problem with a game done this way

Edited by Bloodkrayzed, 17 May 2005 - 06:59 PM.

#3 Lobbdogg

Lobbdogg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:58 PM

How would I go about clearing the cache on the drive? I just barely modded this box last night. The drive I'm using is a Western Digital 40 gig 7200rpm that I had in a computer that I took apart.

#4 Bloodkrayzed

Bloodkrayzed

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:02 PM

turn on your xbox you should see an option that says disk tools. go there and go to current drive setup. you should see the option to clear cache. also if the drive has been used before you could try and format it and start from scratch, if you just modded it you shouldn't have much to reload

#5 witfill

witfill

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 115 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:09 PM

if need be you can just delete the cache files manually too. delete everything in E:\Cache\ (but not the directory itself), and everything you're able to in the x, y, and z drives.

#6 Lobbdogg

Lobbdogg

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:19 PM

Ok, I went and cleared out the cache on the E, X,Y,Z partitions, and yes I formatted the drive when I put it in last night. there was only 2 files in the cache to clear, but that appears to have fixed the issue. Thanks a bunch guys, I appreciate you helping out a n00b.

#7 olc012

olc012

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 01:08 AM

hrm this might be my problem.. when i backed up games some of them would lock, and also some dvd games would lock in the menus.. ill see how i go, but thanks smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users