• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tadamc

tadamc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 07:22 PM

Seeing that there is a chance I access XBL by mistake, I of course want to make sure I don't get banned. I don't plan a using XBL yet, and thus I was wondering if changing the Eeprom (say with blank or bogus data) would make life any easier if for whatever stupid reason I mess up and get banned.

Then if I get banned and want to play XBL after all, I simply flash my original Eeprom back, and low-level format or replace the original HD?

(Currently my X-Box is completely clean, and has not had any chance to get access XBL.)

Anyone have a simple answer or know of any relevant previous posts? And what would it be best to change the Eeprom data to, if at all feasible, or this just a bad idea that will break my X-Box?

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:11 PM

you can get a banned eeprom (i dont have a link but im sure someone can give you one)

this shoudl keep you from accessing Live at all, and you wont have to worry about your HD getting banned

but seriously its not that big of an issue, if you dont have a Live account its not gonna connect, just to be on the safe side you can use a Live blocking bios

#3 tadamc

tadamc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:36 PM

So basicly as long as I don't have a live acount there should be no way of acidently getting banned (and of course I'm going to be using the live blocking bios wink.gif ), and then if I decide to get an acount I simply take the precations mentioned in the stickies.

thx, good to know biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users