No replies to this topic

#1 jpx72x

jpx72x

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:32 PM

OK, I'll admit that this question has very little to do with XBMC, but I feel that this forum is the most appropriate place to ask it--this forum contains the most people who know about backing up music to the xbox. Mods, please don't smack down this post for being out of place because this question doesn't really have a home.

On to the good stuff:
I have three questions that are related to each other. As I'm trying to backup my music collection onto my xbox, I have found that the xbox doesn't like certain file names. Take for example, it seems as if any file with a comma "," in it won't transfer onto the box. Are there any other characters that I have to avoid for file names?Furthermore, since I use iTunes to keep my music files tidy, is there any way to instruct iTunes to not name files with these bad characters? (like a macro or plugin or something) And finally, iTunes places two files with every album (thumbs.db and desktop.something) and occasionally has album cover files in there. I don't really want those to be on my xbox hogging up room. Does anyone know how to get rid of them easily?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users