6 replies to this topic

#1 Skold44

Skold44

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:45 PM

Maybe a total n00b question...

Once I get all of my games dumped onto my HD, is there a real easy launch menu software or dash that can load on boot where you can just pick from a list of your games?

My kids are going to be using this so it has to be real simple without the ability to easily get into the bios/dash and jack with stuff. I currently have Evox running...

What can y'all recommend?

Thanks!!!

Edited by Skold44, 18 May 2005 - 09:00 PM.

#2 burnerO

burnerO

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 10:21 PM

Personally I'd recommend XBMC as far as ease of use goes for the kiddos. It may not be terribly easy to setup, but if done properly you could boot straight to a menu of large icons (especially if they're not yet readers).

#3 jameswalter

jameswalter

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,881 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 18 May 2005 - 10:37 PM

Avalaunch is very easy to setup and use...and doesn't have all the added stuff like XBMC if you don't watch movies or listen to music on the box.

#4 burnerO

burnerO

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 03:23 AM

I'm fond of Avalaunch as well, but don't know if it's possible to boot straight to a listing of games without specifying each one manually.

#5 ILLusions0fGrander

ILLusions0fGrander

third echelon agent

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:00 AM

unleashX, if properly customized, can have multiple profiles... you can have one set for your kids.. that has a list of only games, and no system settings.. and have a profile of your own for everything else... not only that.. but making skins for unleashX are as easy as finding pictures you like and having them be your backround...

if you seek further info.. go to unleash forums and ask.. everyone there will be happy to help.

#6 sp3cialk

sp3cialk

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,291 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 May 2005 - 04:55 PM

Just a suggestion... but If you are already using evox you could always have 2 ini files on your computer (one for you and one for your kids) and just have the one for your kids list the games... you would still be able to FTP and copy over the one for you when you need it.... that way they couldn't do anything but launch games...

#7 Skold44

Skold44

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:18 PM

Great ideas menz....thanks!

I'll look into these and choose what might be best for us.

The kids are 8 and 10 and can both read so it doesn't have to be graphical. I just needed to boot straight to the list and not allow them to change settings, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users