#1 FiveSix

FiveSix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:08 PM

I have an up-to-date avalaunch and qwix. I am running Xp Sp/2 with corporate edition on a compaq laptop with a wireless linksys router.

I can successfully download and create iso files quickly off of my xbox using Qwix, to do so I connect my laptop to the router with a LAN cable. When I try to return those files with the same setup Qwix starts off really quick for approximately 10-30 seconds and then starts to drop in speed drastically to the point where nothing is happening.

To try to work this out I've tried shutting down all my software firewalls, using IE and FlashXp to transfer files, but with no luck. The only thing I can get to work is to send files over the network wirelessly, but this is painfully slow (ie: average speed of 250 KB/per sec) as you can imagine sending something like Forza is a 3+ hour task grr.gif

Any suggestions would be most appreciated!

(Sorry if I missed a solution to this, I think I searched all of the forum correctly)

-FiveSix

#2 FiveSix

FiveSix

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:52 PM

Sorry to add this, I realized after I posted that it is probably cruical information:

I have a "1394 Net Adapter," "Intel® Pro/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection" and "Realtek RTL8139C+ Fast Ethernet NIC"

I am not sure exactly what any of that means....I know Noob, but I thought someone who knew what was up may need those details.

-FiveSix

#3 edwinmcdunlap

edwinmcdunlap

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 03 June 2005 - 07:26 PM

QUOTE(FiveSix @ May 18 2005, 04:03 PM)
Sorry to add this, I realized after I posted that it is probably cruical information:

I have a "1394 Net Adapter," "Intel® Pro/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection" and "Realtek RTL8139C+ Fast Ethernet NIC"

I am not sure exactly what any of that means....I know Noob, but I thought someone who knew what was up may need those details.

-FiveSix

View Post

none of that is really cruical, the 1394 Net Adapter is your firewire card, the next one is your wireless adapter, and the other one is your ethernet card.

I have no idea why it goes so slow over wireless.. what kind of wireless network do you have?

I guess if there's no way to make it go faster, you could just upload stuff overnight while you're sleeping rolleyes.gif

Edited by edwinmcdunlap, 03 June 2005 - 07:28 PM.

#4 giggletot

giggletot

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 June 2005 - 04:36 AM

Im having pretty much the same issue as the OP.
I have 2 xbox's and only one of them does it. both have avalaunch 49.3 , one box is a v1.0 and the other is 1.2, ive tried multiple ftp programs and qwix 101. I've tried my wrt54g wifiG broadband router, a 10/100 switch, multiple known good cat5e/6 and crossover cables. My 1.0 box is fine with wireless transfer and direct line, but my 1.2 is not. Wirelessy Im usually able to hold a session of ftp for a few moments and then it slowly decreases network transfer rate until 0. Using qwix it never even starts

#5 SegaGamer

SegaGamer

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 04:58 PM

I have the exact same problem, but I am not using Wireless. It starts off super fast (about 8000kb/s) then drops rapidly into the 10kb/s.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

#6 Zeros

Zeros

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 11:24 PM

Same issues here. Starts at 8000, hits 68% on the first file then stops and the network speed drops to 14k. Task manager states no network activity after it locks up. I didn't have a problem before, but recently installed SP2 and Media Center. There is no firewall between my pc and xbox. I tried the c-xboxtool program as well, does the same thing. This has me thinking that it's a windows problem, not Quix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users