andy_dope

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 March 2003 - 09:31 AM

Anyone know how to make all games appear full screen using mame-x? I can't find nothing on google or this board. I hate playin contra all squished.

thanks
andy

#2 Novahux

Novahux

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 March 2003 - 10:30 AM

?? MameX is full screen. have alook at the mame.ini file

experiment with this setting .

screen_aspect 3:4

3:4 is normal full screen, try 4:3 if you want to stretch vertical games to fill the screen, looks shit though cool.gif

or you can turn you TV onto its side (3:4) and change the following line

ror 0

to

ror 1

EG:
user posted image

Edited by Novahux, 26 March 2003 - 10:40 AM.

#3 kaioshade

kaioshade

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 March 2003 - 02:22 PM

oh wow. mame does have a rotate mode? ill have to do it in my monitor, i am not flipping my heavy ass video monitor.

#4 Novahux

Novahux

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 26 March 2003 - 02:49 PM

lol, remember to hit the degauss button after you tip it on its side. Old TV's can pink up really bad, and you may need a degauss wand to correct it.

I made a homemade one, once.
just wrap 3 foot of 3-4mm Auto wire around a (1") solid metal cylinder, about 15-20 times and stick either end of the wire onto a car battery. This is quite dangerous though, the wire gets hot and melts the insulation, the battery acid starts to bubble heaps and there is a good chance of explosion. jester.gif

But on the plus side you get 5 seconds of enuff magnectic power to degauss anything. just don't point it @ your groin sad.gif

#5 kaioshade

kaioshade

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 March 2003 - 03:03 PM

i think its cool. honestly ill prob keep it the way it is now. ive gotten used to having the black borders. or eventually im going to get a flat screen monitor that can rotate itself normally.

#6 browll

browll

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 03:08 AM

it's the sound thats slightly ruining the mamex experiance for me. i have a pal xbox and i have it set to pal 60 mode but mame x don't support pal60 also i've read that arcade games unlike console games don't run to a specifc 50pal or 60ntsc. arcade games run to a individual speed. unfortunatly there is no fix for this. i hope that when superfro does the next version that he implements pal60 support also a way of synch sound and video. what i get with b6 version is sound breaking up and stoping for a split second and starting again. it does not ruin the gameplay or anything the emu is great. in fact it would be great if superfro would have fixed the synch problem and released a fixed sound & video synch version of mamexb6.
cheers.

#7 leigao84

leigao84

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 03:24 AM

good thing my Sony LCD can flip with no problem. BTW you can do the same with windows, if your graphics card support it, mine does. Socre nVidia Detonator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users