#1 friedgold

friedgold

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 667 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 20 May 2005 - 04:35 PM

Looking at the *nix OS on Xbox forum the three stickies at the top are as follows

Nvtv - Posted 2 Jan 2003.
Instructions on installing a program to correct overscan which hasn't been updated in over 2 years and has been superceded twice by better solutions.

Install Ed's Debian 0.3.1 And Kde 3.1 - Posted Apr 10 2003.
Again these instructions relate to a 2 year old release and are no longer relevent.

Please Vote And Help Create Comp.os.linux.xbox - Posted Aug 15 2004
This was a thread is asking people to vote the create a usenet newsgroup. The newsgroup was successful created in Sept 2004, and yet the call for votes remains as a sticky.

If someone with necessary permissions is willing add new stickies there are a lot of active members (including me) who would be happy to write FAQs, Tutorials, etc. However attempts to get this done in the past have simply been ignored (I assume because there aren't any mods active in this forum). For example see this thread:

http://forums.xbox-s...=moderator&st=0

So I guess my main issues/questions are

1) Who should we go to to get new stickies added, as the forum doesn't seem to be led by anyone in particular
2) Would it be possible to get a moderator who's into xbox-linux as I think the forum would benefit greatly from this. There are a number of active members who would fit the bill (if they are willing that is).

#2 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 May 2005 - 06:17 PM

I'll add you to the staff in 10 minutes and you can fix the forum yourself. smile.gif

try to work it out so the pins are no more than 4-5 for the forum. Follow the lead of other forums.. make a topic that is pinned.. that links to a bunch of key topics.. etc.

#3 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 20 May 2005 - 06:19 PM

done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users