• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 instanoodles

instanoodles

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 10:07 PM

I messed up a tsop flash so I went out and bought a aladdin modchip to fix my xbox. Its a v1.3 and I soldered the chip right to the board, took the D0 from the bottom and at first I grounded it to a screw hole. BT was grounded via pin 2 on the lpc and L1 was connected to the resistor at the front of the board. It should boot from the setup with the modchip on right? Well it didnt work so I went back to the way it is suposted to be installed, BT to the front resistor and D0 on the modchip, held the power button for 2 seconds and it still frags. I took out my multimeter and checked the soldering connection on the LPC via a ground and I am pretty sure the D0 is fine, to check it I should take the wire of the chip and test it to a ground? This is very frustrating and it is kinda annoying, any help or suggestion would be nice, thanks.

#2 ModdingManiac

ModdingManiac

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,715 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 May 2005 - 11:24 PM

For always On you don't need to connect L1, just BT to Ground (Pin 2) and Do to ground, however connecting L1 should not make the system frag since it only controls the LED...i think your problem is in the LPC, you mentioned you did a quick solder install of the Aladdin to the motherboard, this is a tricky method install for the aladdins and if you are not good with a solder iron then most likely thats where your problem is. Try using the header pins method instead or wire..

For the quick solder method sometimes people bridge points since they use to much solder..try reheating the connections to see if it helps.

Edited by ModdingManiac, 20 May 2005 - 11:27 PM.

#3 HackDaBox

HackDaBox

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • Interests:XBOX-SCENE
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 May 2005 - 12:42 AM

Remove the chip , add a headerpin , plug it on and use the solder points shown in my website.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/hackdabox/

HackDaBox !

#4 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 May 2005 - 01:13 PM

There is a guide in my sig to fault finding this.
If when you enable the chip the machine FRAGs then BT and D0 are ok and the problem is the LPC connections and soldering.

#5 instanoodles

instanoodles

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 12:14 AM

I re-did my solder job on D0 and it worked fine but I couldnt get the always on to work. Then my stupid cat jumped in the box and it got knocked off the table. Whenever I turn it on I get a yellow like and thats it, was working perfectly before the stupid cat got in it, I am going to kill it. Anyways thanks for the help now I gotta go figure out what the yellow light means.

#6 instanoodles

instanoodles

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 12:51 AM

Well it works now, went over all my connections, took the bt and soldered it to a screw ground instead of pin 2 on the lpc and D0 is grounded as well and now everything works fine and I didnt kill the kitty so its a happy day. Thanks for the help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users