#16 Rickz0rz

Rickz0rz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 22 May 2005 - 01:36 AM

If you want to use this, go on ahead. Also, the red is just to show the white glow.

user posted image

#17 SHiZNO

SHiZNO

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 May 2005 - 01:50 AM

kick ass logo, what font did you do the 'Freddy' and 'SONIC' in?

#18 Rickz0rz

Rickz0rz

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 01:53 AM

Okay.. it won't let me edit a post so quickly.. hem. Anywho, here's the transparent PNG:

http://rick.binrecycle.com/af_t.png

Also, the FREDDY and SONIC were done in Arial Narrow (Bolded, 10pt./~7px), stretched horizontally 200%, with a black outline of 2 pixels. smile.gif

Edited by Rickz0rz, 22 May 2005 - 01:59 AM.

#19 mustafa

mustafa

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 02:13 AM

well is is great.
i also cannot do anything to contribute but i guess i could serve as a tester.

#20 netdroid9

netdroid9

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 02:42 AM

I might be able to get some syslink code running. I'm new to Xbox deving, but I do know something about C++. But don't totally rely on me for code or anything, I tend t lose intoerest in stuff quite easil-Ohh! A butterfly!

#21 knepley

knepley

X-S Member

• Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:killing porters
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:43 AM

No system link (Xlink) for this one. Its not that I can't code two sockets throwing UDP packets, its that it needs a good network layer that allows for good concurrency. Fighting games don't work so well when both players have 100+ m/s pings. Could code it so that it was actually for system link only, but you might as well just play on the same xbox.

#22 blaize

blaize

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:30 AM

any chance of telling us a little more about the models format and what amount of polygons we can use ?

maybe realesing a model so we can work with that a little ?

i must say that this idea sounds pretty cool, with the right people it can be pretty awesome.

i havent seen any real shadows in your games, but is it possible to add maybe cell-shading to this game ?
if you have it on the characters the the rest of the lvel doesnt need it, texture can provide the cartoon look.

I'm a prety good modeler so if the model format is good i'll make some models for this game.
here's a small example of what i can do:
http://img233.echo.c...3done1nr6mx.jpg

Edited by blaize, 22 May 2005 - 09:37 AM.

#23 OliG

OliG

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:35 AM

I'm not sure if you are still after any musicians but I can put together some MP3's for the game. I already have a couple which were used in a short movie in Canada.

Let me know if you need any,

OliG

#24 wisefire

wisefire

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 01:45 PM

i am a techno/electro musician.. i can lay down some trax if you want..

as for sound im pretty good with that.. but unless you need more people working on sfx, ill leave it to dc ware..

i can also master all the trax, so it would sound good ingame etc..

greetz,
wisefire

#25 x_raided805

x_raided805

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Females, xbox, computers, gaming

Posted 22 May 2005 - 03:32 PM

i am willing to help with music if i can. what format is need, MP3, WAV, WMA....?

#26 Ed_209

Ed_209

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:40 PM

I really got a kick out of messing with the game "figher maker" for ps1/ps2... if making moves/characters for the game could be setup like that, either a pc app, or built into the game itself, that would rock.

Also, since this is a street fighter inspired game (wise choice), I would LOVE to see a "dramatic battle" mode where we can have one player versus two players at once! Or even have a two on two mode for the heck of it even.

Another idea that I would highly recommend would to code in a "alpha meter", so everyone could have one or two alpha-special moves (down, forward, down, forward, A for example).

More things to consider is to be able to use the digital pad OR the analog stick to perform moves, and also have an option screen to change the button layout, infinite timer (for practice), and an audio section to choose in-game music, or xbox dashboard music.

And to make this game idiot-friendly so everyone can enjoy this game, maybe setup a server so people can download new characters directly into their xbox in-game with no computer ftp-ing needed! Have a website dedicated to hosting new fighters, music, and skins for the menus/healthbars!

having the game system-linkable might sound silly to some, but it could be fun for tournaments on x-link and maybe even add headset support (using avalaunches code). Heck doing dramatic battle link up would be kinda neat also.

Also, would be great if you can have a "moves list" section so when you pause the game, you can read up on all of the special moves conveniently without having to do a search on google for the moves etc.

Sorry if I am over-flooding with ideas here, I am just a big street figher fan, and this project definitely got my attention. I would love to help out with developing a fighter for this game, just let me know what tools I need and I'll read up on it!

#27 UberJim

UberJim

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 May 2005 - 06:33 PM

Will linkers be in? For example in Street Fighter II if you are up close with Ryu you can press fierce punch, then go into a dragon punch before the animation finishes. That is pretty much how all of the good combos work in Street Fighter II. Cross up with fierce kick, crouching medium kick, fireball.

#28 warzan

warzan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:15 PM

Hi Guys

We could maybe help out with Stages, Characters and Textures etc

Can you handle stuff done in lightwave?

Also need a little bit of info to get us started like do's and dont's.

#29 crispwarez

crispwarez

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:04 PM

i got a mate who makes 3ds models for a living
if u give specs i can get him to knock a few chars up

if u release a modle even i can edit it lol
i made alot of kernel bashers logos in 3ds
im good at making goodpictures within stupid limits lol

#30 knepley

knepley

X-S Member

• Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:killing porters
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:14 PM

I think we're looking for about 3000 polys. Its gotta be done in MAX with biped & physique (skin may work too). I recommend character studio.
http://prdownloads.s....0.zip?download
is the exporter we're using right now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users