84 replies to this topic

#31 blaize

blaize

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 09:49 PM

maybe an animation list ? ( or a simpel set of premade ones ).
how about uploading a pre-made model for the people that want to give it a go ?

#32 big_xbox_n00bie

big_xbox_n00bie

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts
  • Interests:xbox modding, chillin with friends, playing cricket/football , Call of Duty , sleeping
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:08 PM

If any of you have played some of the later Mks, i think each character should have its own weapon eg; master cheif with an SMG or whatever.

Thinking up more ideas for now.

-BxN

#33 SHiZNO

SHiZNO

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 May 2005 - 11:37 PM

If we want to make a good game the LAST thiing we'll be doing is copying MK

#34 Juganawt

Juganawt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 12:50 AM

If you need any textures, gimme a shout....

I'm only a novice when it comes to 3DSMax, but can you support Zbrush2 files? I think they can be exported to 3DSMax compatible filenames.

#35 evil_marty

evil_marty

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:if its to do with fucking microsoft then I'm there. They wont get a cent from me :-P

Posted 23 May 2005 - 01:10 AM

Hey I'm a modeller if you need help with. Just e-mail at evil.marty@gmail.com coz I dont check out the forums much. I downloaded the exporter so if you want my help just give me the general info like max polys, num of textures, scale, num of animations etc. I read you want it to have biped and physique so I got that. Heres a link to a sample of what I can do http://members.iinet...way-hoon-2.html

#36 ultimaweapon

ultimaweapon

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 01:13 AM

user posted image
There is my go at it. If you want I could incorperate images,make font larger/outlined/etc.

#37 cam_cow88

cam_cow88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 03:27 AM

I can play some heavy metal/rock for you if you want. I can give it to you in mp3. let me know if you're interested.

#38 SHiZNO

SHiZNO

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:31 AM

im interested in metal...definately... i fucking hate techno/rap

#39 Lightsier

Lightsier

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 09:10 PM

Music should depend upon the character's stage. Pure metal, blech, this isn't Guilty Gear. dry.gif

I'm interested in helping to, I got some modeling skills with Maya, my texturing skills could use more work, but I'm learning.

#40 Demonhawk

Demonhawk

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 06:12 AM

I'm sure many of you have played the map final destination on super smash brothers melee. Well it just so happens that few weeks ago i made a model of it for one of my friends. It probably will need rescaling for the purposes of this game.. but here is the picture

user posted image

Oh yes, and i can model quite a few maps for you if you'd like, but you would have to give me ideas, and a few sketches of what you want.. i lack the creativty gene tongue.gif . Also i need the specifications on about how wide a lvl should be and all

*edit Also, all the textures for that map were made in MSPAINT.. Tehee

Edited by Demonhawk, 24 May 2005 - 06:14 AM.

#41 netdroid9

netdroid9

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 01:17 PM

^ Not bad for MSPAINT.

QUOTE(knepley @ May 22 2005, 06:54 PM)
No system link (Xlink) for this one. Its not that I can't code two sockets throwing UDP packets, its that it needs a good network layer that allows for good concurrency. Fighting games don't work so well when both players have 100+ m/s pings. Could code it so that it was actually for system link only, but you might as well just play on the same xbox.

View Post

Technically, Xlink was designed for things that weren't designed for systemlink smile.gif...

#42 cam_cow88

cam_cow88

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:47 PM

ok, yeah I'm up for some heavy metal. How long do you want the tracks? and do you just want instrumental or lyrics too? Do you want the music to match a theme in a stage or level, or just a bunch of tracks. Let me know and I'll post a sample or something.

#43 akram

akram

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:09 PM

Can i use milkshape for the models???its a low poly desing sotware and you could save and export to a lot of format *.x *.3ds *.md2 ....

#44 OmegaRedIsDMan

OmegaRedIsDMan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:47 PM

I would like to help out. I've been looking for a group to work with on making a fighting game. I've also been working on my own small fighting game project starting with the control system for a fighting game. Are you guys looking for coders?

Thanks
-DMan-

#45 sage.studios

sage.studios

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:54 PM

I am also available to help - I am a graphic designer by trade and can do menu's, textures etc.

I think it it would be fantastic if you could include some netcode in this - imagine playing in a 50 player tournament using a character you created yourself.
I understand the latency issues but it would be a shame if you didn't try.

Also, could you possibly make the game cell shaded? That would be a nice style.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users