#46 x_raided805

x_raided805

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:Females, xbox, computers, gaming
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 24 May 2005 - 11:45 PM

this may sound some what like a stupid question, but is it possible to add animated levels to this game? if so, someone should go in the direction that the fist MK game had, the levels with the fans movin and chanting in the back. OR have a firey level with animated fire. some other ideas i had that may seem a lil extream for the moment is.....destructive levels. such like DOA3 had. I know you said you werent going in that direction but so some extent would b awesome or levels that, i guess you could say....faught back to add damage. and a question....will you be adding just any random characters or just ones from different games or what?
a few fighters is would b cool or funny to see:

1. The Rock
2. Austin Powers
3. Fat Bastard
4. Dr Evil
5. MC Hammer
6. Anna Nicole Smith
7. Paris Hilton

lol, sorry. just random thoughts. but my final idea is. it would b awesome to have voice overs if you could add those. for example. when Austin Powers did something, a sound clip from the movie would play and be like "yeah baby" or "oh behave". lol. sorry if i'm bombarding the forum or you guys with ideas n crap. just thought this might give you all some cool ideas.

#47 SHiZNO

SHiZNO

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:16 AM

We're looking for some menu/character select general layouts if anyone wants to submit one (just a draft/rough idea)

#48 Shinn

Shinn

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 07:00 AM

Saw the pic of the fighter on the main page on XB scene, its a great start!. I was wondering if i could help. I am a 3d artist who has some game modeling experience but cannot get a job doing it sad.gif. I'm interested in modeling some environments for you in 3dsmax, I just need to know the dimensions, like size of the level allowed, for example the main stage is 20x20 feet etc and poly counts that I'm allowed and also how I should export the textures for the level.

thx biggrin.gif

#49 PID

PID

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:06 PM

Hey.. I would love to contibute. Can you give more details, can the menus/selection areas be 3d too, if so I can knock up some meshes for them. Can I export viewpoints in both the menus and the arenas (I suppose does the camera move in the menus is what I am asking)

What units/scale are you working in, in max for arenas?

Is there(or can there be) a fly into the arenas at start of fight. Or do you intend for a 3d looking 2d fighter (kinda always side on) ??
Do I make a full 3d scene, complete with skybox, ground etc. Or is it map tricks, so looks 3dish ?
Are there a set amount of poses per character, are the poses keyframed, or will the mesh simply jump to that pose ?
Do I just animate a set of moves in one .max file with character studio (Like a kata), or are they needed in separate files?

Max poly counts and max map sizes too..

I figure, minimum of 2 maps per charcter, so ppl can make new clothes without changing the heads for instance. Maybe that could apply to models too, so people can swap heads/hands/feet/torso etc etc... just a thought. (I assume grouped meshes will work too)

What a great concpet guys............ Hope I can help.....

I have this... She needs cleaning up, but maybe could be set as the base template for ppl for things like scale etc, if is suitable I will rig. She is around 2000 polys as is. could simplify easily (I started on the head as you can see, excuse the pink catsuit wink.gif she will be a robotic ninja soon)

user posted image

I have a few high poly's I been working on for fun too, if anyone wants to maybe try some fmv, is that an option???

Edited by PID, 27 May 2005 - 01:05 PM.

#50 PID

PID

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:58 PM

Heres a quick wall map I knocked up for my first arena, maybe is too big??
It should tile both ways, but I haven't tested yet.

I think once we have base templates for maps and meshes, this place will be awash with mods for em.

Maybe a thread just for maps, and another for chracters/arenas is the go..... I can see this getting out of hand. LOL.

user posted image

the .bmp is there as well, just replace the extention in your browser address, these forums don't like .bmp

#51 Rikrok

Rikrok

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 03:33 PM

If you just like Metal you might not like this but have a listen, it's a remake I did of SF2's Guile stage music.
If you do like it and want to use it I can always make it shorter if needed, it doesn't fully kick in till about 2 minutes in.

http://www.runhouser.....0- Rikrok.mp3

#52 SHiZNO

SHiZNO

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:17 PM

We have made a lot of progress...

2 very good artists have stepped up and modeled some great shit... our Ryu, Ken and new Freddy look amazing.

For anyone wanting to start modeling you should use 3DS MAX.... the height of the players in max is done using 1 unit = 1 inch...so the average fighter should be about 70 units high.

Animation is done using a Biped (character studio) applying the Physique modifier to the mesh... (more details on animation will be released soon when the animation list is finalized)... so for now just model your wanted character. (Come to #a-shock on efnet and tell me what you want to work on, so everyone doesnt go model Goku and find out it was a waste when we have 50 of him heh)

The level design is still being finalized, acidbath has come forward with a design so i'll just work with him until we decide on how the level format will work then details will be released.

The fighting engine itself is coming along nicely.

#53 chedabob

chedabob

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 June 2005 - 09:18 PM

user posted image

heres a quick mockup for a menu . its really basic. i couldnt think of anything else to put. if you post some ideas ill add them soon.

#54 mecca

mecca

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 08 June 2005 - 10:56 AM

For ALL your musical requirements go to www.ocremix.org. Make sure you give the remixers credit!

#55 PID

PID

X-S Senior Member

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 01:16 PM

Heres the Dungeon as it stands.......... Needs more BG detail obviously..

user posted image

The scene is 650x650x170 Generic Max untis.

#56 vicviper74

vicviper74

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 03:29 AM

so whats the status? Not asking for a release but a little info to feed the hugry.

#57 knepley

knepley

X-S Member

• Pip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:killing porters
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:03 AM

It's still going. Beters and giantnewb no longer help. Rickz0rz also disappeared. UIX graphics guys (acidbath and gasclown) are giving us a hand with scenery. Antman is doing some really cool models and textures now. Parlance comes on IRC and disses us.

Shiznos PC died once again. Looks like all the source and art is safe though. Got a new power supply shipped to him and he'll probably get some more parts next week.

The AI is in place, it plays pretty well if not a little cheap.

There's XML config files for most stuff so balancing is a little easier, also fun to create special moves by jamming the code for two of them together just in the XML. Multifireball spin kick was one that shizno hacked on.

I'd say the game is much farther along than the other unfinished projects ever were. Shizno will get it rls'd sometime.

#58 vicviper74

vicviper74

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:27 PM

does he need a little help getting his pc running? like $$$? i dont mind donating some money. hes still producing shit so i dont mind. also I like the fact that his stuff is homebrew

Edited by vicviper74, 18 August 2005 - 09:31 PM.

#59 Juganawt

Juganawt

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 10:24 PM

Dunno if you've decided on power bars yet, but here's my take on them.
user posted image

If you need any additional GFX help, i'd be more than happy to contribute.

#60 SHiZNO

SHiZNO

X-S Expert

• PipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 06:30 AM

i ordered new computer parts, they should be here monday...so work will begin again on monday i suppose.

yeah i need some more artists biggrin.gif come to #a-shock on EFNET

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users