• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 zarkothe

zarkothe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:27 AM

This is my first post here but i have been reading all the diffrent post here and feel you guys could help me out.
i have a v1.0 box with cooling mods on mcpx heatsink bigger fan and modded mount tray for hdd and iremoved the stock thermal paste on the heatsinks for the main chip and graphics chip with artic silver 5. But after playinga game my box locks up at random places. Never locks in dash unless im trying to copy cd to hdd.
My bros dvd drive works fine in my system but i bought a new drive and the laser is not working poperly so i put the pcb board on my old drive (the old drives board went out) and this is now when my game locks up after maybe 15 mins of playing but never in same spot

#2 zarkothe

zarkothe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:21 PM

can anyone please help me blink.gif

#3 oxjeremy334

oxjeremy334

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Interests:Being a Rhinestone Cowboy
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:27 PM

If your xbox works fine with your bros dvd-rom, then it is your dvd-rom causing the problems

#4 zarkothe

zarkothe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 03:15 AM

i was almost 90% sure that was it but guy at local repair shop (verly little knowleadge and not cert,) said its the hard drive is goin out. But would it be the pcb board where the power and ide cabel plugs in to it or would it be laser or does it sound like the pcb that controls the tray open and close motors.

#5 zarkothe

zarkothe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:56 AM

after some more tinkering and testing it does lock up with bros dvd drive but only during a game or when copying of playing a cd can anyone pls help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users