Photo

Is There Any Bios That Can Boot A Xbox Form Net ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 seek4answer

seek4answer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 May 2005 - 08:44 AM

I'm a newbe of using XBOX , My x box linux is not working now , i don't have backup , so i need to reinstall it , but my linux cd is not not work noww , it's fail to read , when i want to burn a new cd , my cd writher is fail too....it's a 2-yr- old writer , i have no $$ to buy a new one ,
i'm thinking that is there any bios that can boot a xbox form network like a normail pc , i mean ?
i mean :
boot form my modchip->EvoX->Phoenix Bios Loader->PEX Enabled BIOS -> linux IMAGE-->installl uing ftp or month NFS uhh.gif

or , any one can have a backup linux, can run form the org 10G HDD using fatX on my e: ? just copy file using the EvoX ftp ? muhaha.gif

#2 orakle

orakle

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:06 AM

You might want to ask about this on the xbox-linux mailing list or forum. Booting from the network is a feature that MIGHT be found in open-source linux bioses, but certainly not in the EvoX or X2 series. That said, you would still need a way to get something to your xbox, and seeing it won't boot from the hard disk you might have a hard time doing that.

-o

#3 spoone

spoone

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 May 2005 - 07:20 PM

i think you could use xDSL ("damn small linux" for xbox). it's about 50mb and runs like any other app. you can copy the files (just one folder and two files) over to your box via evox/ftp. if your bios finds/starts the default.xbe you should be good to go (maybe you will have to edit your bios to point to the default.xbe.).
i think, you can also use it as a liveCD.

hope it helps,
spoone

beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users