• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 v0lrath

v0lrath

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:29 AM

I know I'll probably get flamed for asking this, but all of the Live related questions in the FAQ's seemed to only deal with UXE. I really want to make sure that this will work, becuase it's for a friend, and I don't want him to get banned from Live because of my stupidity. Anyway, the question:

I installed EvoX by getting FTP access to my xbox and then used the nkpatcher to replace the files on my C drive. Then I created a shadow C drive, and replaced EvoX with UnleashX and put the original contents of the C drive back in C:\. My question is, if I cold-boot a game, can I play on Live?

#2 v0lrath

v0lrath

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:50 AM

ok, for some reason the edit button is gone...

anyway, I was also wondering (if the answer to my question above is no) how to remove the exploit. Just delete all the extra stuff on the E drive and the shadow C drive image?

#3 RiceCake

RiceCake

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • Interests:Wait, what the hell?<br />Your interested in what I do?<br />None of your damn buisness!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:37 AM

You need to fix your original C drive to effectively remove the exploit.

To completely remove it you then gotta remove whatever other crap you put on there.

As for going on Live, it has nothing to do with your shadow C drive, but your real C drive.

Cold booting should work but your real C drive has the modified fonts for UXE, and could crash.

#4 eh.

eh.

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts
  • Location:exploit related treasure hunts; finds re. MAEEE, UDE2 + &quot;UD-eh!&quot; per UXE, UEEE, UDDEE, UDDAE &amp; Ndure
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:26 PM

flamethrower.gif @v0lrath: yes!

(If you cold-boot a RETAIL game, you can play on Live with ANY softmod. wink.gif)

Edited by eh., 23 May 2005 - 07:30 PM.

#5 v0lrath

v0lrath

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:29 PM

Ricecake: The C drive has all of it's original contents, so there aren't any UXE fonts. I backed it up before I used the nkpatcher, and then put the backup back onto it after I created the shadow drive.

And thanks a ton guys! biggrin.gif

#6 LostIt

LostIt

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 10:42 PM

Actually, the Shadow C drive has all the original files. The Real C drive has your UXE exploit on it an whatever else your put there. When you boot a retail game the UXE exploit never gets loaded so neither does NKPatcher (so no shadow C.) In order to remove this load your exploitable game, run the exploit, ftp in and restore your original files.

.. that's if you want to remove it.

#7 bdf24

bdf24

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 02:52 AM

Or run a bios loader as an app. That will give you access to your original C drive. Then you can ftp in and delete the the exploit. Then put the retail C files back on. Reboot your box and it's back to stock (except for whatever you have as an app on the E drive if you have them on there).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users