5 replies to this topic

#1 c0ncept

c0ncept

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 01:24 PM

I've finally gotten around to installing scummVMx, and I have to say its an awesome emulator. But I have noticed a few things about it that I was hoping to get help with

1) I've noticed that the play area extends just beyond the screen, in monkey island one this only cuts off a very little text and the scroll bar for the insults game. But on Monkey Island III its cuts off a significant amount of text which is quite annoying. Is this going to be addressed or is there a way around it?

2) On monkey island III the speech goes WAY to fast, I'm a fast reader and all but I have some trouble trying to read all the text, is there a way of slowing the game down at all?

3) I bought the cd version of MI III and copied al the files on the play disk and although it runs fine there is no music and no cut scenes. Could some one give me a link or explain how to rip the music and cut scenes from disk so that I can play them in scummVMx?

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Paul

#2 Nailbunny

Nailbunny

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:44 PM

0.7.1 is a WIP. 0.6.0 might resolve your screen and speed issue.

As for the music, try searching these forums, then search the actual scummvm forums. The scummvm forums should have the info you are looking for.

#3 c0ncept

c0ncept

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 03:31 PM

well its 0.6.0 I've been using I thought that was the latest version, I'll have a look at the later one. cheers for the info

Paul

[edit] are scummVMx and scummVM xbox the same, as they are listed seperately in the emulators section?

Edited by c0ncept, 23 May 2005 - 03:44 PM.

#4 Carcharius

Carcharius

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE(c0ncept @ May 23 2005, 04:42 PM)
[edit] are scummVMx and scummVM xbox the same, as they are listed seperately in the emulators section?

View Post

No they're not.

ScummVM xbox is a new work in progress port of the more up to date release of ScummVM (0.71).

It does things a little differently to the earlier port, but it brings a few more things to the party as well.

Carcharius

#5 c0ncept

c0ncept

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:23 PM

Cool, I got MI3 working, just neglected to put all of the cut scenes and music from both disks in the resources folder blink.gif

#6 c0ncept

c0ncept

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 07:23 PM

d'oh.

double post

Edited by c0ncept, 23 May 2005 - 07:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users