Photo

Reflashing Eeprom... Couple Of Questions.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 {Rogue}TheTick

{Rogue}TheTick

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, XBRs, XPlay
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:34 PM

Hi all,

So I'm getting around to reflashing my EEPROM and I've got a couple questions about the procedure. First off some background.

Xbox 1.0
Got banned because someone tried to access XBL when the modchip was on.
Since I was banned, I went ahead and swapped out original HD with new larger HD, but have not tried to connect to XBL while the new HD was installed.

So... now I want to get back on to XBL. Got a new unbanned EEPROM that I've transfer to the HD.

After loading the new unbanned EEPROM in ConfigMagic, I have a new serial number, MAC address, Online Key, and Unique HD Key, displayed in ConfigMagic.

Now the questions:
Should I do an on the fly edit of the Serial # and MAC Address to match my current settings? Changing MAC addresses is generally a bad thing, so I would think I should go back to my original MAC. Pretty sure I shouldn't change the Serial # though, since I need to marry that new serial # to my new HD.

Also, should I (do I have to?) wipe out my TDATA/UDATA for any games related to XBL (from my pre-ban days). I'm gonna clean out the C: drive and put on the pre-XBL 2.0 MS Dash on there as well.

What should I do?

Thanks!
//Tick

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,747 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:02 PM

do not do any on the fl editing, the change is MAC address is nothing major

youll also need a new gamertag (different than the one that was used to access Live whilst the chip was on) if your going to be using a large HD

#3 {Rogue}TheTick

{Rogue}TheTick

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, XBRs, XPlay

Posted 24 May 2005 - 04:17 PM

Ok. Reflashed. Left the MAC address alone.

I'm getting the "Xbox Live not found" message during connetion troubleshooting. The Y code is showing 00C2 0E30. Looking through the XYZ thread, it looks like I can try to switch the video settings to PAL and back to NTSC and maybe get that fixed. My wireless network went down last night before I could try to reconnect after flip flopping my video modes.

//tick

#4 manobano

manobano

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 312 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, Videogames
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 May 2005 - 10:45 PM

normally when u change ur eeprom and it gives u that error it means that the eeprom u used was for a diff version/region xbox than what u have. i had it happen to me b4 and i had to just get a new eeprom....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users