• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 kenmasters83191983

kenmasters83191983

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 04:28 PM

i am getting an xbox soon is there anything i should be worried about?? do all the modchips work on newer xbox's aswell and what is the easiest no solder chip to install??

i am pretty sure these questions have been asked before but i couldnt find anything using the search feature..

also i seen the xbox for the first time last week and man oh man am i am impressed my jaw hit the floor when i seen what it was capable of..

#2 BigDaddyShoo

BigDaddyShoo

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:02 PM

read this (<-- link) pinned topic

just pay no attention to vader's [bad] review of the xenium ICE.....many of us are quite happy with it.

#3 sayguh

sayguh

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:21 PM

just something to add, i'm not trying to be a xenium ice fan boy but it's the chip I have so i thought i'd point something out, in the link above it says

Disadvantages
Pricy, especially with S.P. adaptor
No QuickBoot feature (must always select Bios from launch menu)
Difficult to use OS

yes it's pricy that's true, but (and maybe this isn't true for the original xenium) with the xenium ice you can have quick boot with a countdown timer, or instant boot, so there's no need to go into the OS, and yes in previous OS versions it was very buggy but now i think xenium has an awesome OS with a lot of usefull features such as hard drive upgradeing, replacements, formating, led tweaking (for external Xenium led which comes with chip)

i'm glad someone made that link but i wish it was more, ummm, accurate and portraited the chips better, it definitly seems to make smartXX look like the best chip, and it may be, but it doesn't mention any of the OS features of xenium or xecuter (which are the most popular chips IMO on the market today)

**edit haha just noticed that whole "pay no attention to the xeniums bad review" portion, sorry to rant then :-P but i still think someone should write more in about each chip. If i were u, go to the websites of each chip and look through the manual to see the features. Look through xenium's OS 2.3 manual

Edited by sayguh, 24 May 2005 - 05:23 PM.

#4 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,735 posts
  • Interests:#lordvader129
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 24 May 2005 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE(BigDaddyShoo @ May 24 2005, 12:13 PM)
read this (<-- link) pinned topic

just pay no attention to vader's [bad] review of the xenium ICE.....many of us are quite happy with it.

View Post

tongue.gif

#5 Xtrem

Xtrem

The Next Level

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 May 2005 - 06:30 PM

TOPIC CLOSED : Please Read All The Pinned Topics You Will Find All Your Answers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users