• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 v0lrath

v0lrath

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 07:52 PM

I bought a new eeprom, and flashed it to my friend's xbox, and when i rebooted there was no video. the power light would flash green 3 times very quickly, and then go blank for a second, then flashes 3 times regular speed and then solid green. the dvd and hard drives wouldn't start up until the light went solid green. there is no video or sound... how do i fix this? Oh, and I can't eject the drive. it sounds like the xbox isnt really starting up... it's just trying to, but cant for some reason. this happens whether my modchip is on or off, and with either of my bioses

Edited by v0lrath, 24 May 2005 - 07:55 PM.

#2 v0lrath

v0lrath

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:26 PM

Ahh, I'm desperate, please somebody help!

Here's some more info: So I had everything set up and working perfectly, new hard drive, xecuter 2.6, x2 5032 live bios. i use config magic to change the eeprom, and the only thing i change is the dvd kit zone from 0 to 1. everything else didnt need changed. so i change the eeprom, and soft reboot, and it works fine. a little bit alter, i hard rebooted, and thats when the problem started. thanks to anyone who can help me! It doesn't seem like there's any way to fix it... I don't think the DVD player is even reading any DVD's I put in it since I can't eject it. (to put stuff into it I have to swap it into anotehr xbox.) I cant ftp connect either, so it's not booting the dashboard either. is all hope lost? sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

Edited by v0lrath, 24 May 2005 - 08:40 PM.

#3 twisted89

twisted89

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 08:42 PM

i had the exact same problem, so i just got my programmer and i have flashed my chip with flashbios 3.03 and the leatest xecuter bios 5032 i chose to flash my eeprom with a 1.6 eeprom from flashbios 3.03 but its made no difference and if i switch to the other back it comes up with config live loading.... and then does nothing and the eject light flashes red. any one got any ideas?

#4 v0lrath

v0lrath

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 01:36 AM

PELASE somebody help... my friend will rape me if I can't fix this. You don't want me to be raped, do you? blink.gif

@twisted: does your light flash like my light? because it seems like I can't even get a bios to load.

Edited by v0lrath, 25 May 2005 - 01:40 AM.

#5 AbuseTheElderly

AbuseTheElderly

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 02:00 AM

Tell your friend not to worry, ill buy his toasted xbox for $5. no more. Mabey $7 if he includes the cables and controller.

You might try another eeprom from a 1.6 xbox.

#6 Exobex

Exobex

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,063 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 May 2005 - 02:17 AM

Xeniums are good for transplanting EEPROMs. Temporarily fit it to the "donor" box, backup EEPROM to Xenium, fit it to new box, restore EEPROM from Xenium.
If at all possible UNLOCK THE HARD DRIVE FIRST otherwise you'll have a 3.5" paperweight.

#7 v0lrath

v0lrath

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 04:38 AM

is the xenium a guaranteed fix, or is it just a possibility? im worried that a modchip won't be able to fix it because no matter what i do with the chip that's in there, the exact same thing happens: the dvd drive wont read dvd's, it doesnt load from the hard drive, and theres no A/V.

#8 fluidmax

fluidmax

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:23 PM

reflash the modchip to any compatible bios(M8/M8+) with an embedded eeprom (use LBTOOLs)
http://forums.xbox-s...opic=396100&hl=
might help answer your questions alittle

#9 v0lrath

v0lrath

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:35 PM

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! this looks like it may work! I'll let you guys know if it helps!

#10 hippo

hippo

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:36 PM

Flashbios 3 should fix it. If not look for damage on LPC pins 13 and 14. Try it without the mod chip.

Edited by hippo, 25 May 2005 - 11:40 PM.

#11 v0lrath

v0lrath

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 02:18 AM

ok, thanks for the lpc tip. i cant use flashbios, because this happens whether the chip is on or off, as i stated above. using the chip makes ZERO difference... so i don't know if fluidmax's idea will work =/ i cant try it yet, the usaul places are udnergoing some maintenance...

#12 ShadowSparton

ShadowSparton

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 26 May 2005 - 02:21 AM

This is very very similar to my problem but it does not flash any color. It only stays green and it boots but then has yellow lines at the top screen.

#13 v0lrath

v0lrath

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 02:49 AM

mine only flashes green too. nothing appears on the screen though.

UPDATE: the lpc points are fine, and im not even going to try the embedded eeprom trick, it does the exact same thing when the modchip is even physically taken out... it wouldn't ever load the bios, so it wouldnt help.

#14 cwindsor2003

cwindsor2003

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 May 2005 - 03:01 AM

QUOTE(AbuseTheElderly @ May 24 2005, 09:11 PM)
Tell your friend not to worry, ill buy his toasted xbox for $5. no more.  Mabey $7 if he includes the cables and controller.

You might try another eeprom from a 1.6 xbox.

View Post

Thanks for the smart ass reply.... We never get enough of those here! rolleyes.gif

#15 catdog2

catdog2

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE(v0lrath @ May 26 2005, 04:00 AM)
mine only flashes green too. nothing appears on the screen though.

UPDATE: the lpc points are fine, and im not even going to try the embedded eeprom trick, it does the exact same thing when the modchip is even physically taken out... it wouldn't ever load the bios, so it wouldnt help.

View Post

What a stupid attitude. Obviously you think you know more about this than the people who are helping you - so why are you asking for help blink.gif

Since the bios (standard or hacked) is reading corrupt data from the eeprom, which causes the xbox to fail to boot, what do you think will happen if you use a bios which doesnt rely on the eeprom? Thats right it will boot! I don't think there are any 1.6 bios which you can embed an eeprom into, but you can boot a linux bios and fix it. Taking 10 seconds to use the search button above gives the thread Restoring 1.6 Eeproms Using Cromwell?, How is it done?. Or possibly easier is hippos suggestion of flashbios 3.

If you are still convinced this wont work, then make a programmer and reprogram the eeprom with the correct data. http://rex.xbox-scen...C/i2c-prog.html

P.S. xenium is not a guaranteed fix. It may be xenium OS specific, but I have had one which would not boot into the OS (normal or recovery) because of corrupt eeprom settings. This may have been fixed in newer releases, but if you are buying a xenium then you don't know which version OS it will be shipped with and there is no way to upgrade it without installing it into another xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users