Jump to content


Photo

Xenium Sp.ice On Soft Modded Xbox


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gigantor

Gigantor

    X-S Young Member

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:19 AM

I and my friend got xbox's about 6 months ago cause we saw how great XBMC was as a media player. Not knowing much about Xbox's in general and even less about modding we went to the swap meet and they just did a mod on them. When the Xbox boots it comes up with a big red X and says Xecuter2. My in game reset (left,Right trigger and Start and back) only works about 20% of the time..the other 80 percent the screen goes black and refuses to reboot. I have to get up and reboot manually. My bios version is X2 4981FC Red...I read there is a 4983 bios so i read a few tutorials about updating bios's. However this just confused me more as some of the tutorials talked about 256k bios's and others talked about 512k bios's..and it seemed to depend on what mod you were using. Soooo i dismantled my Xbox and pulled the M/B out..only to find i couldnt see a single modification to the xbox anywhere..i put the Xbox back together (working thank goodness smile.gif ) and read a few more forums etc etc till i realised i had a soft mod like the one described here.
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=215055

I would like to use a hardware mod instead and thought the Xenium SP.ICE solderless looked good..We chose the SP.ICE version cause it says its works on all xbox version and there are 4 of us who want one and none of us know for certain which xbox versions we have.

So i guess my question is this..can i use a Xenium SP.ICE mod on an xbox thats already had a soft mod done to it. If not..Is there a way to reverse the soft mod (its just a bios thats been flash right ?)

Also can anybody point me to a decent tutorial on updating a the bios on a soft mod xbox..all the tutorials i found assume you have a hardware mod with its own special screen for flashing the bios

Many Thanks
gigantor



#2 thebroken

thebroken

    X-S Genius

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • Location:Illinois
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 26 May 2005 - 07:10 PM

get the spice
get slayer 2.6

www.slayer.xbox-scene.com

rebuild hdd

also probaly better in the softmod section dry.gif

Edited by thebroken, 26 May 2005 - 07:10 PM.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users