12 replies to this topic

#1 Raggy_Roo1

Raggy_Roo1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 04:18 PM

Okay... Is it possible to burn mpegs onto dvd as a data file and watch then on your xbox or on a standalone dvd player? uhh.gif

#2 netdevil69

netdevil69

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Playing the Drums and Bass. Listen to music (rock, punk, funk). Building Computers. hmmm..Xbox?
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 May 2005 - 06:58 PM

You need to convert them to vob files, use something like Tmpegs DVD source creator 2.

#3 DjO

DjO

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:11 PM

you can watch them on your xbox as long as it's modded you can either network them over or just burn the dvd as a data disc and then copy it to your xbox hd with dvd2xbox and enjoy!

If you want to watch them on a regular dvd player do what netdevil said tongue.gif

#4 jaroc

jaroc

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts
  • Interests:Xbox and Sports
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 May 2005 - 09:23 PM

what he said ^^

#5 Raggy_Roo1

Raggy_Roo1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 01:27 AM

cool... thank you all for all you info!!!!it was appretiated!

#6 Raggy_Roo1

Raggy_Roo1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE(netdevil69 @ May 25 2005, 02:09 PM)
You need to convert them to vob files, use something like Tmpegs DVD source creator 2.

View Post

Would you be able to give me the link to this site so i can get it please and thank you!!! It would be muchly appretiated!

#7 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE(Raggy_Roo1 @ May 25 2005, 07:52 PM)
Would you be able to give me the link to this site so i can get it please and thank you!!! It would be muchly appretiated!

View Post

TMPGEnc is the correct spelling. You can google it. Also check out http://www.videohelp.com/ for tons of guides on how to convert videos. And I am sure that if you look you could find a full copy of TMPGEnc DVD Author.

#8 Raggy_Roo1

Raggy_Roo1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 03:14 AM

Anothing thing i have a problem doind is burning .vobs on to a dvd.. I have tried and it came up saying that the file was to big to fit on a dvd that it has to be shrunk.. Now what got me was the file was only something like 2.3 gigs... and the disc can hold up to 4.7 why would it tell me that.. does anyone have and explaination for that??

#9 netdevil69

netdevil69

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Playing the Drums and Bass. Listen to music (rock, punk, funk). Building Computers. hmmm..Xbox?

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:13 PM

Theres a limit of 1GB on a standard DVD, thats the max files size, per file, unless you use UDF.

TMPGEnc is the correct spelling

True smile.gif .

#10 jonathan2007

jonathan2007

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE(netdevil69 @ May 26 2005, 11:24 AM)
Theres a limit of 1GB on a standard DVD, thats the max files size, per file, unless you use UDF.
True  smile.gif .

View Post

It is a pretty hard word to spell. I had to go to videohelp.com and look under tools just to be able to find the spelling. But it is a great tool perhaps even the best. smile.gif

#11 Raggy_Roo1

Raggy_Roo1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 04:28 PM

If i make it into a udf will it still play in a standalone dvd player?? How do i make it into a udf?? please help me out! thank you!

#12 netdevil69

netdevil69

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 09:31 PM

It is a pretty hard word to spell. I had to go to videohelp.com and look under tools just to be able to find the spelling. But it is a great tool perhaps even the best

I just though i would stick MPEG in and it would sound right. tongue.gif , thanks for picking it up. smile.gif

If i make it into a udf will it still play in a standalone dvd player??

Depends on the DVD player, i would think so for most.

How do i make it into a udf??

If you use Nero to burn select from the Wizard, Burn DVD, "DVD-ROM UDF Disc". smile.gif

#13 Raggy_Roo1

Raggy_Roo1

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE(netdevil69 @ May 28 2005, 04:42 PM)
If you use Nero to burn select from the Wizard, Burn DVD, "DVD-ROM UDF Disc". smile.gif

View Post

KK... What version of nero do you have?? I have nero express 6 and it don't say anything about udf in it!! How would i convert my videos to udf without using nero? or is there a way to do that? Can someone please help me.. I have been tring to do this for a while now.. but i just can't get it! Help!..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users