#1 Goggl

Goggl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 25 May 2005 - 06:22 PM

I have my XenoChip installed preflashed into my box with an "Only F:\" bios. Now I heard that you might loose data on an upgraded HDD if you do not use the G:\ partition for space above ~130 GB. I have a 200 GB HDD and now I'm not sure whether to keep everything set to only F:\ or to reflash my chip with the F:\ + G:\ bios solution.

My 2 main questions:

- Is it really dangerous to use only the F:\ partition on a 200 GB HDD?
- If I reflash my chip with the F:\ + G:\ version of my bios, will I loose all my games and apps I already copied to the F:\ partition?

Thx for helping me! smile.gif

#2 netdevil69

netdevil69

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,173 posts
  • Interests:Playing the Drums and Bass. Listen to music (rock, punk, funk). Building Computers. hmmm..Xbox?
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 25 May 2005 - 06:46 PM

Is it really dangerous to use only the F:\ partition on a 200 GB HDD?

nope smile.gif

If I reflash my chip with the F:\ + G:\ version of my bios, will I loose all my games and apps I already copied to the F:\ partition?

yep sad.gif

#3 Goggl

Goggl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE(netdevil69 @ May 25 2005, 07:57 PM)
nope smile.gif
yep sad.gif

View Post

Okay! So I'll leave my settings. Thx for the quick answer netdevil69!

#4 DButabi6

DButabi6

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:20 AM

I would reccomend setting up an FTP connection to your PC. Copy your C, E, and F Drive to your desktop. Then go ahead and reformat your drive, then drag all your drives back into place. There was an app a long time ago that claimed to be able to format and play with partitions on the fly, but i never got it to work - buggy. I forget the name of it and i would not reccomend trying it. Backup all your data and then reformat. A thing to keep in mind - a lot of apps do NOT support FTP abilities to/from the G-Drive. i share data with friends constantly, but xbox-to-xbox ftp apps still do not see G-Drives. So i reccomend putting data you do not think you will share on your G-Drive. Good luck!

--db

#5 Goggl

Goggl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 02:12 PM

Thanks for your advise DButabi6! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users