Livin4Real

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:23 PM

Hey all,

This is the first time I've ran into this particular issue. First I bought an xbox with an 80gb hdd that was softmodded. the previous owner couldn't get newer backups to work in it and it wouldn't go to the ms dash but would play older backups fine and all apps and everything installed worked. So I used slayer's 2.6 to rebuild the hdd then reinstalled the SC 2.8 mod using the .67 patcher and evox. Everything was working fine but when I connected to the box with flashfxp it didn't look like the e: of my other softmodded boxes. It had an E folder on the E: along with an emulators folder and some other folders that weren't present on my other box's drive. They wouldn't do anything if you clicked on them in flash. So I deleted the emulators folder from the E: and as soon as I did and went back to the main e: in flash it looked just like my other box's e: with shadow c showing up now where it wasn't before. Here's my main issue now. Everything works fine on the box it's when i ftp into it that it doesn't show all the apps in flashfxp even though I have about 20 on the xbox that all work fine when launched from evox, I just can't locate them using flashfxp. Like i said everything works fine but I can't access the apps from flash even though they are on the hdd and work fine when launched.
I've been through every folder that is on the hdd and the apps are no where to be found. Any ideas? Is there a program that will COMPLETELY restore your c: to stock form and remove all previous mods, apps, add-ons so i could just start from scratch again? I backed up both the c: and e: before I did the full rebuild so i can always just ftp the one emulators folder I deleted back onto the box if needed but like I said when it was there the shadow c folders and other folders weren't appearing as they did on my other softmods. So to sum it all up, everything works fine other than i can't see the apps on my hdd even though they're there blink.gif

#2 dabbage

dabbage

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 04:32 AM

Was this hard drive formatted with a .6 type bios, (one big F drive), and now you are using a .67 type bios (f and g drives) ? I've seen this sort of problem when you do that.

#3 Livin4Real

Livin4Real

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 08:04 AM

I don't know what the previous version was unfortunately. Is there any way to correct this so I can access the apps from flashfxp?

#4 Cio

Cio

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:41 AM

First of all "refresh" or clear the cache of the ftp app. Then reformat E/F(/g?) after the softmod is installed (use a boot disk to gain FTP access)

#5 Livin4Real

Livin4Real

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:57 PM

How does one go about reformatting just the e,f,g drives? Slayer's rebuild does the entire hdd. I'll give the cache clearing a try when I get home.

#6 Cio

Cio

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,377 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 26 May 2005 - 01:29 PM

Well you could use xboxhdm (wipes all partitions but works perfectly) or format each partition by hand (slayers has seperate format options for all disks).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users