• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 littlejag

littlejag

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:10 PM

I have xecutor 2.6 and HDD. All the rest of the stuff too. However my machine wont load NTSC games. I am told this shouldn't be a problem. I change settings and it makes no difference. Does anyone no a sure fire way to get them to load.

#2 toyato89

toyato89

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:53 PM

I have my Canadian xbox here in Germany and it works fine on an English TV.

I changed my EEPROM to PAL from NTSC and in Evox I set the game region option in settings to DEFAULT. If I put it to anything else, some of my 25+ games don't work properly, but DEFAULT works on each and every one, no errors or glitches or anything.

The TV I'm using is a shitty 100 thing bought a few years ago at Sainsbury's, SCART input on the back. It doesn't have any display or indication onscreen as to whether it's using PAL or NTSC, but I believe it can do both, which leads to the belief that if a shitty 100 TV can do it, most if not all newer TV's can do it as well.

The reason I believe it can do both is that when I insert a Region 1 DVD (has to be encoded in NTSC format) it plays it just fine with proper colour (a tiny bit washed out, but it's negligible).

Either my theory about the TV is correct, or the xbox translates the NTSC into PAL on the fly, but I read that that can be quite a computational feat, with TV stations requiring really expensive high-end equipment to do just that, so I'm leanding towards the TV being able to do both formats.

I hope that helps you out a bit.

Cheers,
Cam

#3 littlejag

littlejag

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 26 May 2005 - 07:15 PM

thanks for that. i have tried this but no joy. tv is fine though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users