ti85man

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts
  • Interests:xbox....
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 May 2005 - 02:50 PM

Just thought I'd pimp my release in here too...

This is my first ever attempt at programming in Directx. It was fun!

I seem to still have a bug in the four of a kind routine and can't detirmine the kicker card for some reason. I must be blind... anyway I send out a final release when I find the problem.

Next I'm gunna try a "Cherry Master" type machine program to go along with the video poker.. It would make my bar complete...and is a much cheaper solution to buying an actual machine. especially since I just had an extra xbox lying around.

Well it's a simple game but maybe some will enjoy...so go ahead and enjoy it.

And a BIG thank you to everyone else out there programming. You've inspired and helped me rekindle my love of coding.

smile.gif

#2 drmindbender

drmindbender

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:52 PM

I'd like to try, where do I get it?

Thanks

#3 Bigsam411

Bigsam411

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 11:35 PM

Game sounds great but any chance of network play?

#4 UberJim

UberJim

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:07 AM

QUOTE(Bigsam411 @ May 28 2005, 06:46 PM)
Game sounds great but any chance of network play?

View Post

I haven't played it yet, but I don't think network play would really add to anything here. Video Poker is a single player game, you get pay outs based on the hand that you get, so there really would be no point in network support.

#5 ti85man

ti85man

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 05:29 PM

I found a couple bugs and have submitted a new fixed version. Should be available soon.

As for where, the usual places.....

#6 germ

germ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 May 2005 - 06:06 PM

that may sound stupid, but can you show us a screenshot of your Video Poker software... My modded Xbox is not anywhere around here and I'd like to see what it looks like. It would make a wonderful addition to my bar! smile.gif

#7 ti85man

ti85man

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 06:26 PM

well its not super pretty and this pic will look a little grainy, but on a regular tv you can't tell, the artifacts are from converting from bmp to jpg

user posted image

The costom controller I made rocks pretty hard... I bought a cheap controller, completely gutted it down to the board. got a couple big project boxes, put them together, and mounted real "cherry Master" machine buttons on it. rigged up the switches to the gamepad board contacts and walla! instant costom controller.

the xbox just boots to evox with one menu option and the A button starts the game. It's a pretty good setup... My Dad and I are both addicted...

#8 germ

germ

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:11 PM

Whoa! Looks like a very interesting project! You'll have to show us some pictures of your setup. I gotta admit that I would have never thought of modifying my Xbox and make a Video Poker machine out of it.

#9 MissChaos

MissChaos

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:59 AM

Just found this post, awesome project smile.gif What a great way to use the Xbox for something else!

Iíve been thinking of trying out something like this before and this is a great inspiration!

And hey! Found another cool way to use Xbox software; A couple of guys I know over at a poker guide (PokerListings.com) have modified the Kinect software to use it to play online poker. Itís really cool how you can use something that was designed for casual gaming and turn it into a nice way to play poker online through. If you want to check it out here's the link

#10 Master13

Master13

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:12 AM

you know you just bumped a 6 year old thread right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users