• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tlotoxl

Tlotoxl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:53 AM

I read there is a bios which will prevent Live from connecting when the modchip is enabled, this is the bios I currently have:

EvoX M8 FC 67

Is this live safe?

If not is there one that is?

javascript:emoticon(':huh:')
smilie

#2 8itgreat

8itgreat

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 528 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:14 AM

do you mean 2.3lite? probably a typo on your part. I have always liked the xecuter bios much better...in your case i would use the 4981 (cause you can edit stuff with xbtool like colors and fan speed) its the same bios as 4983...if you want f just use the .06 version (with a drive under 250gb) if you want f and g use the .67 .....

if you have gone on live prior with your original hard drive and now using a new large hard drive you will be banned cause of the new drive not matching the mobo...a new eeprom will have to be used it thats the case....

if never on live before than its cool ...you need to have your chip disabled and off you go

there is also the newer xecuter bioses that need to be manually configured via an ini file and placed on your root e drive , its the 5032 version...same shit really ...you also manually have to patch it for lba48 (to use a large hard drive over 137gb)

#3 Tlotoxl

Tlotoxl

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE(8itgreat @ May 28 2005, 11:25 AM)
do you mean 2.3lite? probably a typo on your part. I have always liked the xecuter bios much better...in your case i would use the 4981 (cause you can edit stuff with xbtool like colors and fan speed) its the same bios as 4983...if you want f just use the .06 version (with a drive under 250gb) if you want f and g use the .67 .....

if you have gone on live prior with your original hard drive and now using a new large hard drive you will be banned cause of the new drive not matching the mobo...a new eeprom will have to be used it thats the case....

I'v got a new EEPORM, 250gig HD and GT, I just don't want to take the risk of accidentally getting banned again, first time was a friends child going onto ive when the mod chip was on, second was the Halo 2 tightening up....

QUOTE(8itgreat @ May 28 2005, 11:25 AM)
if never on live before than its cool ...you need to have your chip disabled and off you go

there is also the newer xecuter bioses that need to be manually configured via an ini file and placed on your root e drive , its the 5032 version...same shit really ...you also manually have to patch it for lba48 (to use a large hard drive over 137gb)

don't like the hassle of manually configering a bios, I just want a bios that willl disable Live connection when the modchip is active, I don't want to rely on physically removing the LAN read when I'm not using it in case anybody comes round and fucks up live while i'm out.

View Post

#4 acemilo

acemilo

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 May 2005 - 08:36 PM

x2 4981.06 or 4983.06, neither need configuring. Evox bioses do not block live and are less stable than xecuter bioses.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users