Photo

Experiences With Xenium Ice And Xbox Live?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BiGx5MurF

BiGx5MurF

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:58 PM

So I've finally decided to splurge the $50 for xbox live. I've got a v1.0 box, with a xenium ice solderless installed. I've removed my 250gb hd, and put the stock 8gb back in. Now I'm really missing the lost storage capacity. Maybe I'm paranoid, but every where I read that xbox live banning comes from hd id.

A couple questions. To "turn off" the xenium, I just boot it off the retail bios which I backed up when I first installed the chip right?

I was thinking of getting an xtender so I can keep the 8gb and reclaim my 250gb drive. But won't xbox live see there's a 2nd hard drive? Or is there a way to turn off the 2nd drive when I play on live?

Lastly anyone with a xenium and a hard drive upgrade please share your experiences with xbox live, and do include what games you play on live. Anyone who has (god forbid) been banned, please share as well, especially if you've gotten back on live.

#2 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 May 2005 - 11:02 PM

Here's the deal. If you upgrade your HDD before your xbox first signs on live.. then you're fine. DO NOT sign up with the stock HDD in and then swap out HDDs. You WILL get banned. If you've already signed up for live with your stock hdd and want to upgrade, you need to buy a new, virgin, eeprom and change hdds and eeproms at the same time.

I installed a 200GB HDD in my xbox and signed up for live the week after. I've been online an playing ever since biggrin.gif

#3 BiGx5MurF

BiGx5MurF

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 11:22 PM

That's good to know, luckily I haven't found the time to play on live yet. So I guess that 250gigger is going back in.

As for buying a new virgin eeprom, do you mean buying a new xbox, just for the eeprom? Or am I missing something and that you can actually buy just a eeprom?

#4 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE(BiGx5MurF @ May 28 2005, 06:33 PM)
That's good to know, luckily I haven't found the time to play on live yet. So I guess that 250gigger is going back in.

As for buying a new virgin eeprom, do you mean buying a new xbox, just for the eeprom? Or am I missing something and that you can actually buy just a eeprom?

View Post

You can actually buy just an eeprom code wink.gif

http://forums.xbox-s...43336&hl=eeprom

But, if your xbox has never signed on to live.. you're good to go smile.gif

#5 BiGx5MurF

BiGx5MurF

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 02:36 AM

You've been a lot of help appleguru. Anyway when I put the 250gb hd back in, all I have to do use the xenium os to select the retail bios, and I should be able to sign onto live and play without problems correct?

Thing is though, when I select the retail bios from the xenium os, it still allows me to play backed up dvds, something which my xbox could not do prior to chipping. Does this mean I'm not running off the default ms bios or dash?

#6 biglami

biglami

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 12:03 PM

I had a Xenium Ice Solderless/ stock HD and I played the following games on XBL:

Halo 2
CS
NBA 2K5
NFL 2K5
NHL 2K5
College Hoops 2K5
(a few other I can't recalll)

As long as you have your hard drive locked and are playing off the Retail BIOS you will be fine. I have no idea about the big HDs and 2nd HDs and all that- I never got that advanced with my modding.

#7 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE(BiGx5MurF @ May 28 2005, 09:47 PM)
You've been a lot of help appleguru. Anyway when I put the 250gb hd back in, all I have to do use the xenium os to select the retail bios, and I should be able to sign onto live and play without problems correct?

Thing is though, when I select the retail bios from the xenium os, it still allows me to play backed up dvds, something which my xbox could not do prior to chipping. Does this mean I'm not running off the default ms bios or dash?

View Post

That is all you need to do... uhm.. your xbox isn't softmodded or has a tsop flash does it? You shouldn't be able to play backed up games when booted to the retail kernel.. heh.

#8 BiGx5MurF

BiGx5MurF

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 10:15 PM

No I never softmodded, or flashed my onboard tsop. It can't play backed up games when I boot into the retail tsop. But it can play backed up dvd movies, is that normal?

#9 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE(BiGx5MurF @ May 29 2005, 05:26 PM)
No I never softmodded, or flashed my onboard tsop. It can't play backed up games when I boot into the retail tsop. But it can play backed up dvd movies, is that normal?

View Post

Well sure (if you have the dvd playback kit anyways). In any case, you should be fine smile.gif

#10 BiGx5MurF

BiGx5MurF

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 04:56 AM

I started this thread for 2 reasons...

1 - to gather some information and answer some questions I had regarding xbox live, and my setup.

2 - to hear other people's experiences with setups similiar to mine.

now is appleguru (who's been extremely helpful, without raising the noob flag, and demanding use of the search features) the only other person with a xenium and a hd upgrade on live?

c'mon people, more experiences with xbox live and xenium.

#11 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:02 AM

This guy has an experience where he got banned.. You may want to give it a quick read and learn from his mistakes biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users