• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 xQb3rTx

xQb3rTx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 07:19 PM

sup all. so i was browsing through my unreal championship 2 map files and I found 2 maps that...aren't playable as of yet. DM-Evilhands.LIN and DM-Sever.LIN. Now, with the alt characters that are going to be made available with the "content download" all you had to do was change the line:

bUnlockCharacters=False, i the default.ini

to True.

I was looking for a similiar line purtaining to the 2 maps that aren't yet playable. Has anybody found a way to play these maps? Thanks in advance!

#2 xQb3rTx

xQb3rTx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 08:15 PM

nobody knows? *shrug*..i figured somebody on x-scene would be able to figure this out.

#3 rob1309

rob1309

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:18 AM

haven't had a chance to look yet really, my box has loaded a game for days, mostly xbmc stuff
not many people seem to work on unreal games for some reason

#4 KyesaRRi

KyesaRRi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 31 May 2005 - 01:41 PM

Well i havent done much since This and some easy skins for UC2. Maybe i could have a look into it. I sorta got sick of the game as no australians play it over x link kai.

Id say you would unlock the new maps by paying for them, and downloading an unlock save from XBL. It would then copy this to the tdata, and UC2 checks for these files on the hdd, if they are there, then the map will be playable.

It could be an xbe hack, but im not too sure where to look for it inside of the xbe. Dunno, i'll check around in the .ini s sometime later, maybe one of those holds the key to this.

Edited by KyesaRRi, 31 May 2005 - 01:42 PM.

#5 xQb3rTx

xQb3rTx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:40 PM

Thank you for looking into it!

Epic has already posted in their forums stating that the DLC will be FREE.

#6 KyesaRRi

KyesaRRi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 06:26 AM

I didn get a chance last night to have a look at the ini 's last night, and i know i wont tonight, as i have an exam in the morning. Study time [ god i never thought id be saying that ] for me, so it could take 2 days or more

Good on them that the DLC is free, but why are they making us wait for it if its allready on the xbox... Maybe to try to keep the game alive or somthing

#7 xQb3rTx

xQb3rTx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 08:42 PM

Well, I really don't know. LOL. Perhaps they will release a few more maps as well. Only time will tell. Thanks for looking into it again, no rush, whenever you get a chance is cool.

#8 xQb3rTx

xQb3rTx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 09:55 PM

any luck?

#9 KyesaRRi

KyesaRRi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 09:22 AM

Naa sorry mate, from what i could see there wasnt anything that really related to the maps. I might go over it again but this bloody Worlds Of Warcraft Is taking over my life

=O

#10 xQb3rTx

xQb3rTx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 09:15 PM

Yeah, I didn't see much about unlocking them either. I thought somebody on these forums would know, if it were even possible. What I don't understand is, the maps ARE on the disk, also, the mapnames are on the "maplists" file, and they aren't commented out or anything. It truly is confusing.

#11 KyesaRRi

KyesaRRi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 10:16 PM

If i could get my hands on the downloadable content for the maps which unlocks them i could give it a real shot to unlock all of the maps

I think what we are looking for is a .xbe hack, which i dont have much experiance in. I dunno i might give it a probe with a hex editor

#12 GTTeancum

GTTeancum

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:22 AM

I realize this is an ancient topic, but I've figured out a really easy fix to unlock DM-EvilHands and CTF-Monoxide as playable in-game.

1-Open default.xbe in a hex editor
2-Search for DM-EvilHands
3-Go to the last instance it finds. CTF-Monoxide should be before that, and UCMutators before it.
4-Replace DM-EvilHands and CTF-Monoxide with 00 bytes (don't delete, replace)

That's it! Have fun playing!

#13 Clockface

Clockface

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE(GTTeancum @ Nov 19 2007, 04:58 AM) View Post

I realize this is an ancient topic, but I've figured out a really easy fix to unlock DM-EvilHands and CTF-Monoxide as playable in-game.

1-Open default.xbe in a hex editor
2-Search for DM-EvilHands
3-Go to the last instance it finds. CTF-Monoxide should be before that, and UCMutators before it.
4-Replace DM-EvilHands and CTF-Monoxide with 00 bytes (don't delete, replace)

That's it! Have fun playing!

Great! I'll try it tonight, thanks for that. I don't have Live!, so I can't download the DLC.

Is it possible to "unlock" the rest of the DLC without actually going onto Live!? If the info is on the game DVD, then it seems unfair not to be able to access it just because I don't have access to Live!.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users