punx777

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 30 May 2005 - 04:57 AM

hey, i was attempting a softmod and it went bad. my dashboard files are GONE. i have been trying to do softmods to get the gamesave back onto the hdd, but everytime i do it 007 AUF tells me there is no savegame on the hdd, and you cant boot it from the memory card..

the savegame file is like this

007gamesavedfjlakfjauf.zip
----------------------------------UDATA
------------------------------------------4541000d
---------------------------------------------------0000000, save.bin, load.bin ect

now, am i suppose to take the 454100d and load it on the xbox hdm cd, then take the 454100d folder and put it in the UDATA in the xbox's E: partition? thats what i have been doing, i have tried this method several times and the same outcome.

i have the save on a mem. card, but cant replace it on the hdd without a dashboard.
my xboxlive dash doesnt work either, so i cant update my dash that method.

please help me my xbox has been broken for a long time and i would kill just to have it normal.

if there is a way i could get the dash back on the xbox that would work well for me.

thank you so much for at least looking

#2 ModingTheBox

ModingTheBox

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:03 AM

get krazy mod installer off xbins and cold boot the game and re do the soft mod

#3 Cold|Fusion

Cold|Fusion

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:06 AM

A clean start here would be best. If you have a friend with a modded machine, hotswap your hdd into his, get slayers, boot it, and ftp back your missig dash. If you can't do that, just rebuild it to a retail hdd. From there, you can either
1) Boot slayers again, and ftp in the gamesave while your hdd is in his machine or
2) Use Yoshikool's UDE 1.[1].2 softmod package

Good luck.

#4 punx777

punx777

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:31 AM

no friend with a modded machine so unfortunatly the slayers attempt is shot, ( i live in nebraska, what do you think lol)

and the 'krazy mod installer" what do you meen by booting the game up cold? will i be able to hotswap it? where do i hotswap it to? E:? thanks alot for your quick responses, lol i NEVER get any replys whenever i post in other forums.

#5 Cold|Fusion

Cold|Fusion

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:38 AM

By cold booting the game he meant having it in the drive when you power up. I'm not familiar with krazy's installer, so I can't be of much more help there, sorry. Can you still boot originals this way with a missing dash? I'm not sure. But if you can, and you have a Live enabled game at hand, you could use it to update, or rather in this case, get your m$ dash back on there.

#6 punx777

punx777

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 06:58 AM

i have tried the xbox live thing, i have 2 live games and i have tried them both, when i try halo 2, the screen will turn black then it will go back to the game. it will just loop

on ghost recon 2(i think) the screen just stays black.

but my question is, how would krazys installer be different then any other softmod installer?

my box boots originals, but for some reason when i put in agent under fire it instantly gives me error 21, im thinking its because the disk may be scratched dirty, and it cant find the dirty screen so it relays me back to the 21.

thanks for the help

#7 cmiz

cmiz

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,149 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 30 May 2005 - 07:25 AM

download UXE complete, follow the directions and put the xboxdash.xbe and fonts folder from it into the C folder and the root folder into the E folder of xboxhdm.

hotswap, format C, copy that stuff over...then use xbrowser to copy root over to E

(or you could just completely reformat everything and copy C and E folders...but you'd lose everything that was saved on the xbox)

this should at least get it up and running with evox so that you can use FTP to mess around with it from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users