• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 waynebox

waynebox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:03 AM

Hi, i have a 1.6 and have been getting problems modding it. right now it can play non original games but if i boot up without a disk, it just hangs at the xbox logo. dash is unable to boot up!

has anyone successfully instaleed kingroach's uxe installer on a 1.6 before? i've done it on a 1.4, no problems! but i've been stuffing around with the 1.6 for over 2 weeks and still stuck.

kingroach suggested that i might need a kernel specific font and was kind enough to send me the files, but how do i change the path that points to the fonts?

another question is how do i restore my hdd to its original state, i have not been able to gain access to backup my hdkey yet so i still pretty worried at this point of time. is there a way to restore the hdd to its original state without screwing up the hdkey?

wats the difference between option 1 and option 2 in the installer? if some can provide me with some specific steps to the installation process, that would be great!

thanks

#2 jonels

jonels

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:48 AM

if you can boot backups then make an iso of "boxplorer" with a folder/folders with uxe-complete in it (make 2 one with 71 fonts and one with 61 fonts)

if you get the latest uxe-complete-v0.2.2 make sure to have the "ROOT" folder that is to be put on the box e:\ or you will have no dash again

read the readme that comes with the package ... if you don't run 2 batch files you are doing it wrong.. read the readme

good luck

note... to make a xbox ISO use XISO or Craxtion or similar utility to make a proper xbox disc ... then burn to cd-rw(not cd-r) or dvdr/dvdrw using alcohol or similar

#3 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 30 May 2005 - 02:14 PM

I already modified the files with path so you dont need to do anything.. boot with a avalauncgh boot disk and change the fonts in C:\fonts and you can also include evox in the disk and create a backup and copy the file over ftp.

#4 waynebox

waynebox

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 03:35 PM

ok thanks alot guys, i'll give it a try!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users