X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:16 PM

which one do you think?
Edit oops. i put xbx, i meant xbc

Edited by jfoster1234, 30 May 2005 - 10:17 PM.

#2 Cold|Fusion

Cold|Fusion

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 30 May 2005 - 10:23 PM

Kai I think is a better tunneling programe in comparision to xbc, If that is what is what you mean. XBC seems to look flashier and have a few extra options, and have a bigger user base, but I find Kai to be more stable overall, xbc I found to be very glitchy at times in itself, and I don't mean lagging in game, I mean the actual prog in itself. Kai is on the eve of a major update, so I expect to see the tables turn in on the user base numbers.

#3 Zdemon29958

Zdemon29958

welcome to my underground lair..

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:35 AM

XBC for Halo 2
Kai for everything else

#4 t_mac_ca

t_mac_ca

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Xbox<br />Halo 2 modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 June 2005 - 07:37 PM

xbc all the way i tried xlink once and every game i went in there was at least 2 cheaters xbc isnt as bad for that

#5 compton

compton

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 07:12 PM

xlink is FAR better.

for one;
if your xbox is modded, you don't have to keep your xbox next to your PC.

Two;
xbconnect player base is completly halo 2 players, and there is no other options unless you wan't to play battle front or doom with one other player.

Three;
T_mac_ca is wrong, there are more halo 2 players on xbconnect, that = more cheaters. it isn't like any tunneling software has cheat protection.

Four;
you can host or join in a main room and choose from games from your xbox instead of focusing on your computer. it might not sound like a perk, but if you can just join random games from a room full of them from your xbox, instead of checking room to room for one, will save alot of time and allows for a quick game instead of all tediousness of screwing around between both xbox and PC.

and like was stated previously, they have a huge update lined up that will make the choice simple....

#6 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:07 PM

compton you should check out the competition before dissing it rolleyes.gif

for one;
if your xbox is modded, you don't have to keep your xbox next to your P

If the box is modded or isnt modded it doesnt matter both work on a wireless connection with a wireless ethernet bridge

Youre true on the 2 middle remarks except that you will get cheaters everywhere but the last:

XBC has the exact same thing as Kai in that respect, you can setup what you want displayed and then go to your xbox and relax smile.gif

Give both a try beerchug.gif

#7 BurnerAzR

BurnerAzR

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 29 June 2005 - 11:41 PM

What i think compton ment by...
if your xbox is modded, you don't have to keep your xbox next to your Pc

Is that with xlink you dont need to be near your pc or even have it on.
With xbmc you can choose your game, join the arena, chat with your budds/add buddys and play without the hassle of going back and forth from pc to xbox.

I use both...

< BurnerAzR on Kai and xLink biggrin.gif

Edited by BurnerAzR, 29 June 2005 - 11:44 PM.

#8 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 30 June 2005 - 03:36 PM

ah good point didnt think of it like that wink.gif , other thing is that XBC has more of a chatting situation and community - from what ive seen - so alot of people like chatting, if you can set up XBC to do that canīt think of the name atm, there is a project to get XBC working on the xbox without a pc, called xTc, theyre pushing out betas on that I think flat235 is one of those beta testers smile.gif there has been discussion of incorporating XBC (xTc) into a dashboard beerchug.gif

#9 compton

compton

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 06:55 AM

also xlink has speex for games without voice on systemlink...

#10 masterdave

masterdave

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 July 2005 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE(TheMuffinMan @ Jun 30 2005, 10:47 AM)
ah good point didnt think of it like that  wink.gif , other thing is that XBC has more of a chatting situation and community - from what ive seen - so alot of people like chatting, if you can set up XBC to do that canīt think of the name atm, there is a project to get XBC working on the xbox without a pc, called xTc, theyre pushing out betas on that I think flat235 is one of those beta testers smile.gif there has been discussion of incorporating XBC (xTc) into a dashboard  beerchug.gif

View Post

there should be a new version soon within a few weeks and also might go public next month but we will see smile.gif

#11 porsche6714

porsche6714

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 01:07 AM

I use both xlink and xbc. XBC is better for halo 2 if you ask me, but anything else I would go with xlink. Also I find that I can host more people in a game on XBC with no lag where if I was on xlink it would be lagging like crazy. Don't ask me why I don't know. The user interface is better on XBC but with xlink you have the option of running everything through your xbox with no computer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users