#1 cool_pat_2002

cool_pat_2002

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:28 AM

I have noticed on the net some people asking how to change their Xbox name in Halo. I have read that some programs can be used, but i noticed oddly enough that Dead or Alive 3 can change the Xbox's name that appears in Halo. Setting a high score in DOA3 (time attack or survival) and setting your nickname for that score effectively renames the Xbox at the same time, so when i switch over to Halo, my last high-score entry in DOA3 is my Xbox name. On the other hand, does anybody know how to keep DOA3 from doing this once you have the name you want for your Xbox? I'm not the only person playing the game, so whoever sets a highscore last is the name of the my Xbox, and I don't want my Xbox to be named the same as my girlfriend's or my little sister's high-score nickname. I am using a 1.0 unmodded Xbox.

#2 JBNinja99

JBNinja99

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 12 June 2005 - 02:47 AM

To my knowledge unfortunaltey there's no way around that. Good question though...

#3 flashfreak

flashfreak

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 09:14 AM

Yeah doa3 saves its nickname in nickname.xbn under udata on the edrive (or tdata, always forget) and thats where halos xbox nickname is stored, so theres no way to fix it, unless u get doa 2 ultimate wink.giftongue.gif

#4 KyesaRRi

KyesaRRi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 July 2005 - 12:48 PM

There was a small app released that will give the xbox its nickname on boot. You make it your dash then configure it to boot your dash. It will change the xbox's sig to whatever you set it to. OR you could use UX to change the nick to whatever you want.

#5 lostboyz

lostboyz

Mr. Knowitall

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,188 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 12:54 PM

unleash x lets you name your xbox and an option to change it back to that everytime it loads

Edited by lostboyz, 08 July 2005 - 12:54 PM.

#6 --DANNY--

--DANNY--

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Interests:In order... Girlfriend, Friends, Xbox/PC shite...

Posted 08 July 2005 - 11:16 PM

I've been heavilly playing mainly Halo and DOA3 a lot in the past week or so, and what I do is just use the name you want for your xbox (so I put 'Danny's Xbox') in for your high score in DOA3, and everytime you get a new highscore, just select that name.

Unless you play with a couple different people who are competitive with high scores and want their own name up on the score boards. If that's the case then you'll just have to either ignore your xbox's nickname, or play a 1 minute survival round before every game of Halo...

-Danny

#7 woofis

woofis

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 July 2005 - 05:32 PM

thats not true guys.... all you hafta do is go to e/udata and there will be a file called nickname.xbn ftp that to ur pc. open it into a hex editor. and on the left itll say ur xboxs name. then all u hafta do now is type in what u want it to be replacing the letters that r already their.

#8 KyesaRRi

KyesaRRi

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 10:32 PM

Uhh all of it is true, some people dont know what a hex editor is and would prefer to have the xbox create its own nickname so they dont kill thier own nickname.xbn

I used to use the hex method, but i run UX every now and again so there is no chance of the nick changing from what i set it to.

#9 Ronu

Ronu

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:Hacking my xbox, playstation3

Posted 25 July 2005 - 07:12 AM

FTP to your xbox and find the nickname.xbx file which should be in c://backup or in E somewhere. The open up your favorite hex editer and change the name displayed in the values. FTP back and your good to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users