#1 Sempai

Sempai

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:43 PM

Ok here is one for you guys,
softmodded 1.0 xbox, went black when in XBMC. then i got the green for 2 sec then flashing red for about 8 sec reboots and does the same over and over. tried EVERYTHING. i even bought a Xenium Ice chip solderless and nothing. the chip's OS doesnt even want to come up. and ideas? will the 3 wire trick work ? any help thanks.

#2 Dangerously_Cheesy

Dangerously_Cheesy

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • Interests:What doesn't interest me? :P
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 May 2005 - 05:35 PM

your eeprom is probably corrupt or empty. It is VERY odd the Xenium OS doesn't pop up because it doesn't rely on the system's eeprom to boot...perhaps you didn't install it properly? Make sure the light on the chip is GREEN when booting.

#3 Sempai

Sempai

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE(Dangerously_Cheesy @ May 31 2005, 06:46 PM)
your eeprom is probably corrupt or empty. It is VERY odd the Xenium OS doesn't pop up because it doesn't rely on the system's eeprom to boot...perhaps you didn't install it properly? Make sure the light on the chip is GREEN when booting.

View Post

Yes the light is green.
I even upgraded the OS to 2.3.0 using the recovery switch(which was red then green then blue then green), i got some video then but it wasnt very clear and it was not color.
if it wasnt for that i would agree with you on the install. This little problem is making me lose my hair.
it took me 20 min for the solderless chip installation, it is taking me a more than a week to figure out this problem, go figure. smile.gif

Edited by Sempai, 01 June 2005 - 03:17 AM.

#4 acemilo

acemilo

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,828 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 01 June 2005 - 03:44 AM

Your eeprom is corrupt. You can fix it via the xenium os or thru the enigmah switch disc.

#5 Sempai

Sempai

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE(acemilo @ Jun 1 2005, 04:55 AM)
Your eeprom is corrupt.  You can fix it via the xenium os or thru the enigmah switch disc.

View Post

thanks acemilo, tried enigmah switch disc but since it continuly reboots it does seem to pick up the disc. as for the xenium OS, IT does not show up, i can not explain that one. that is the reason i bought the chip thinking it will boot to its own OS, but no luck here.

#6 rd350ypvs

rd350ypvs

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 01:07 AM

One thing you could try is this

If the xenium is installed correctly with green led on the front of the xbox AND xenium BUT no video, change the lead to the TV, I found on one xenium install that my rgb scart lead had nothing showing the xenium OS UNTIL i replaced with the original composite lead that the xbox came with, daft i know, but hey lol

andy

#7 Sempai

Sempai

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 07:55 PM

QUOTE(rd350ypvs @ Jun 3 2005, 02:18 AM)
One thing you could try is this
If the xenium is installed correctly with green led on the front of the xbox AND xenium BUT no video, change the lead to the TV, I found on one xenium install that my rgb scart lead had nothing showing the xenium OS UNTIL i replaced with the original composite lead that the xbox came with, daft i know, but hey lol
andy

View Post

Tried it, no good. thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users