• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fcc

fcc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 06:30 PM

Hello, I purchased a Xenium S.P. Ice as a birthday gift because it was advertised that it supports all versions of x-box and I didn't want to spoil the surprise by asking what version of x-box he had. The problem is that there is a great guide for installing the S.P. Ice on a version 1.6 x-box but nothing on other versions. I was able to figure out how to install it but it wasn't easy or quick. I installed it on a version 1.4 x-box

I can't imagine what the chance for a successful install would be for someone who has no electronics experience. I should also note that I had purchased a Xenium Ice chip last year and the install went smoothly with no issues and as such I purchased this chip with high degree of confidence.

When you spend $69.00 for a product, you as a consumer have the expectation and the right to receive good documentation. I believe that Team Xodus should post detailed guides for every version of xbox if they are going to claim a mod chip supports all versions. I have browsed postings at this site and other xbox sites and have found that this is a common issue.

Hopefully someone from TeamXodus will read this posting and do something about this issue.

#2 Rabid1

Rabid1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 06:43 PM

Obviously you didn't look on TeamXodus.com, there is a quick reference for non 1.6, using a 1.4 as an example and any of the standard solderless install manuals there apply to the black adapter in the S.P. kit.

#3 maximus92

maximus92

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:26 PM

Man, I just bought an XBox sunday, and ordered the Xenium Sp. Ice sunday night, and even I know how to hook it up to non-1.6 XBoxes (no electronics experience.) The kicker is I have a 1.6 Box. A little searching goes along way. Instead of joining a forum just to complain, why not try to ask for what you need. I've only been a member for a couple of days, and already this site has proven its worth.

#4 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:45 AM

QUOTE(Rabid1 @ May 31 2005, 01:54 PM)
Obviously you didn't look on TeamXodus.com, there is a quick reference for non 1.6, using a 1.4 as an example and any of the standard solderless install manuals there apply to the black adapter in the S.P. kit.

View Post

Well, seeing as there's no reason it shouldn't be here too..

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=403722

biggrin.gif

Thanks for the guide Rabid1 smile.gif

#5 Sempai

Sempai

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 03:09 AM

Rabid1,
does the Ice chip come already flash with a bios? I know it is suppose to have a OS. (BTW I am the same guy from the other forum about the flashing red light problem).

Edited by Sempai, 01 June 2005 - 03:10 AM.

#6 appleguru

appleguru

an Apple a Day...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,694 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 June 2005 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE(Sempai @ May 31 2005, 10:20 PM)
Rabid1,
does the Ice chip come already flash with a bios? I know it is suppose to have a OS. (BTW I am the same guy from the other forum about the flashing red light problem).

View Post

No need to hijack this thread, you should have made another one wink.gif

But no, the xenium ice does not come preflashed with a bios. It comes preflashed with an OS, as you said, which you can use to do many things, one of which is flash a bios wink.gif

#7 Rabid1

Rabid1

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 04:31 AM

biggrin.gif Sempai can't catch a break. Check your post on TeamXodus, need a little more info.

Thanks appleguru, I just got a new digital cam and will take some better pics and add a little more d0 info for other boards.

Edited by Rabid1, 01 June 2005 - 04:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users