#1 agentorange83

agentorange83

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 09:42 PM

greetings all,

my boss wants me to hack his xbox, and I just really want to be sure everything will be fine before I mess up his xbox

he has a 1.6 NTSC xbox, and from what I understand I want to use the UXE (or UDE2?) softmod and my legitimate version of splinter cell to force the hack . . .right?

and EvoX is packed with UXE right? or does the hack simply allow ftp'ing so you can ftp over EvoX?

My boss has a 160 gig Western Digital Hard Drive--after I softmod the original xbox HD, I then use Xboxhdm to build out the Western Digital drive and then re-apply UXE after I install the new HD in the xbox? i'm a little fuzzy on the steps here

and once new HD is installed and EvoX is installed, the xbox will boot into EvoX everytime, right? I can then ftp over XBMC, dvd2xbox, etc etc

is my line of thinking correct? am I leaving out any vital steps?

my apologies for the very n00bish questions. . .just dont want to mess up my boss' xbox

Thanks

#2 BigSteel

BigSteel

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 May 2005 - 10:21 PM

You are pretty close. Get Krayzies installer from the usual places. Get that gamesave onto a memory card and then onto your bosses xbox hard drive. You then use your copy of Splinter Cell to access the gamesave. You can then go through the whole process of installing the exploit on the stock hard drive (not a bad idea, just in case something happens to the bigger drive you will have a quick backup). You then need to FTP into the xbox and get the EEPROM.bin file. This is the key file to put into the EEPROM folder in xboxhdm. I usually use the stock xbox hard drive files in the c: drive folder of xboxhdm. You can then build the larger drive using xboxhdm. Then you just have to rerun Krayzies installer and you are done. Sounds a bit complicated but is really quite simple.

#3 witfill

witfill

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 115 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 May 2005 - 10:25 PM

i thought you guys might like to know it's "boss's xbox" and not "bosses xbox"

#4 BigSteel

BigSteel

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE(witfill @ May 31 2005, 11:36 PM)
i thought you guys might like to know it's "boss's xbox" and not "bosses xbox"

View Post

Not if he has more than one boss that the xbox belongs too tongue.gif

#5 agentorange83

agentorange83

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 03:08 AM

thanks for the reply BigSteel

I hit up the Usual places and I think I got everything I need to start tomorrow (if tomorrow isn't too busy at work . . .)

one thing i'm still unclear on is the whole locking/unlocking thing

after I use the splinter cell Krayzie hack to get EvoX on original HD I then ftp off the eeprom.bin file. when I put the eeprom from boss's xbox into the eeprom folder for xboxhdm and make the bootable iso, before I build out the 160 gig HD, do I want/need to unlock the HD first, or lock it?

and then when i'm done building it out, do I want to lock it back (or unlock it)?

i'm pretty sure the order is make bootable iso with eeprom from unhacked xbox--> unlock new hard drive using xboxhdm--> build out new hard drive--> lock new hard drive--> stick new hard drive in xbox, re attach case, and do Krayzie again

right?

and after I repeat the Krayzie Splinter Cell exploit and then go from there installing dvd2xbox, XBMC, backing up his games, etc etc?

Thanks

edit: PS: i'm actually going to be hacking a total of two xboxes once I get this first one working--the second is also for a different boss lol smile.gif

Edited by agentorange83, 01 June 2005 - 03:09 AM.

#6 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 01 June 2005 - 04:06 AM

do NOT mess with the orignal HDD (it is locked to that xbox and does not need to be unlocked)
xboxHDM will lock the new HDD to that xbox with the EEPROM file

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users